• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poppit15
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2008

Bell Boxes not sounding

Hi I was wondering if anyone could give me some information on my alarm system that I have installed. Ive had the alarm for 18months and have 2 live bell boxes fitted onto the system. Both bell boxes have stopped sounding but the strobes still work when i test it. I have replaced fuses in the main panel as one of them had blown all other functions, panic buttons, shock sensors, smoke alarms work on the system and sound inside. It just seems to be that the external sounders are not working.

I would be grateful if anyone has any ideas has to what I could try to get them working.

Thanks Julie
  • Karam
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2005

Julie,

I think you'll probably get more people seeing this message and so hopefully more possibility of help if you post it in the General forum.

I'm no alarm expert but to hazard a guess perhaps the batteries in the alarm boxes are not being charged any more - perhaps the blown fuse is a clue to this.

Karam

Comment

• toscal
      • Oct 2005

I would have to agree with Karam, and take a look at the batteries. Depending on the alarm system, you will either have just a main battery in the main panel supplying power to everyhing. Or you have a main battery and batteries in the bell boxes.
      Something else to check is sometimes there is link in the bell box which gives you the option for the bell to be powered from either the internal
      battery in the bell box (SCB) or from the control panel(SAB). If you have 2 bells then normally they will be in SCB mode so the current drain on the main panel isn't that great when they go off. So my be try changing the setting and see what happens.
      IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
      Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• poppit15
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Jan 2008

Hi Thanks for that I will try the settings. Thanks again for your reply.
        Julie

Comment

• toscal
          • Oct 2005

You may want to have a look here http://www.riscogroup.co.uk/dynamicPage.aspx?id=165
          This link gives you the installer manual and user manuals for the Eurosec. May help with your diagnostics.
          IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
          Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• dinefwr
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Mar 2008

Risco installer manuals are password protected
            try www.ukpanels.com the manuals are free

Comment

Working...
            X