• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CWatters
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2006

Wtd Video server recommendation

I'm looking for recommendations for a low cost video server to put the output of a birdbox video cam on my house LAN. There seem to be a few available for around £80-120 but I haven't found many recommendations or reviews. Anyone?

I'd also like the option of putting it in the DMZ of my router so that a few other people in my village can access it. Do most of these servers support user selectable data rates? For example if I log in over my house lan I may want a different data rate than logging in over the web. Is that sort of thing within the capabilities of these low cost video servers?
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Have a look here http://www.digidave.co.uk/product_in...657c5c6cc87e0d
    Don't know what its like, but it might be what your after.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• CWatters
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Nov 2006

Thanks but I've seen them. That's the sort of product I'm talking about but they have several different models with different features. I'm trying to get a handle on what's better. For example...

Is it better to pay £40 more to get MPEG4?

Will these devices _automatically_ handle the different speed network users will connect to it with? eg my LAN is 100Mbit but someone connecting from down the road might only see 600Kbit or less? Do I have to set the res and frame rate up for the slowest or do they handle that sort of thing automatically?

Comment

Working...
      X