• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toast0r
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Feb 2008

Domia X10 - Thoughts?

Does anyone have experience of the Domia stuff? They seem to do quite a comprehensive range of modules + CCTV, voice and extensions for PDA etc.

I have a few questions which I think I know the answer to but I thought I'd ask...

1) Domia X10 - is this the same as the new devices from http://x10-hk.com?

2) Is Domia X10 compatible entirely with normal X10?

3) The Domia devices apparently contain filtering - does this help with the reliability issues? Do you only get the advantage of the filtering if you use all Domia stuff?

4) Is there anyway to interface Domia X10 with Domia Lite? Is there any point?

Thank you in advance to anyone who has anything to share.

toast0r
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

"1) Domia X10 - is this the same as the new devices from http://x10-hk.com?"

Don't know but they Certainly look similar

"2) Is Domia X10 compatible entirely with normal X10?"
    Yes

"3) The Domia devices apparently contain filtering - does this help with the reliability issues? Do you only get the advantage of the filtering if you use all Domia stuff?"
    I have a mixture of modules, in my house, from various suppliers we use. Some have filtering and some don't. It all works fine.

"4) Is there anyway to interface Domia X10 with Domia Lite? Is there any point?"
    Why would you want to do this. I think Domia lite is wireless.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• toast0r
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Feb 2008

Thanks toscal - that's useful info.

Originally posted by toscal View Post
      Why would you want to do this. I think Domia lite is wireless.
      Only because the Domia Lite stuff is so much cheaper... If it were possible to interface between them (X10 to RF?) then I'd be able to afford to use the cheap modules for the less important stuff. Of course, it may not be possible.

Thanks for your input - I think I'll buy some Domia stuff and some from the HK website and compare them! You're right though - they do look pretty similar...

Comment

• martynah
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Nov 2006

Domia Lite

Hi,
        domia lite is a completely different beast, despite have housecodes, and device codes just like X10, it's not compatible - as the previous poster said its wireless only.

http://martgadget.blogspot.com for a review of Domia's online controller that may meet your needs for Domia Lite.

You cant directly bridge between Domia Lite and X10, but with the above controller and some of your own code you could do so via a PC or other device that can talk on the network in your house.

Note in trying to find the URLs for you, I've noticed that domia seems to have pulled the network controller off their shop site - hope they havent shot themselves in the foot by binning their best Domia Lite product 8-/

it does exist - I have one , the product is still here http://www.byebyestandby.co.uk/byebyestandbykit.html , but the purchase link doesnt work anymore.

HTH

Mart./

Comment

• RMI
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Feb 2008

Hi All,

Just a quick note re:Mart's post above.

I've spoken to those in the know, and I'm told that the reason it's not currently listed on the shop site, is because we're temporarily out of stock.

re:mixing Domia Ten (X10) and Domia Lite, this forum post may be of interest. (I hope the mods don't mind external links)

Kind regards,

Rob
          (Domia)

Comment

• theautomationstore
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Aug 2007

On-line controller

The Automation Store have the on-line controller available on back order if anyone is interested, due in soon!

Comment

Working...
            X