• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonS
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2007

IR transmission

What devices have people successfully controlled via the Idratek IR Tx/Rx components?
    My Panasonic gear works OK but I've read elsewhere that Sky uses RC6 encoding rather than RC5 which most other things use. A friend reminded me that there are 3 varieties of Sky box (std, plus, HD). I don't know if this is significant at all. For future I am personally more interested in Marantz and Arcam rather than Sky but wondered what range of gear people are controlling?

TIA
    JonS
    JonS
  • n07tv
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • May 2004

Jon,

I use mine to control a Samsung TV, Toshiba VCR, Cambridge Audio DVD, Technics CD Player and Ariston Radio. I haven't had any problems with my MFP learning from each of the respective handsets.

I remember emailing Karam about this many moons ago and he told me the firmware basically records all it sees and then plays it back, effectively emulating the handset. If it can recognise streams (RC5 for example) in this, it does so, and I think it can replicate/generate them but please dont quote me on that.

Regards,
    Neil.

Comment

• JonS
      Automated Home Guru
      • Dec 2007

Thanks Neil

I have also got mine successfully working with Panasonic TV/Video. Maybe no-one has got it working with a Skybox of any flavour? I spoke to Karam about this too and am confident that the Idratek kit will repeat any codes it sees, just keen to confirm that the Skyboxes are fully readable by Idratek.

Anyone used it for Sky?

Jon
      JonS

Comment

Working...
      X