• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poppit15
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2008

Bell Tamper problem on my alarm panel

Hi i was wondering if anyone who has any knowledge of alarm systems could maybe give me some idea has to what is wrong with my alarm system. I have posted a thread before regarding my bell boxes not sounding. I have managed to get one of the bell boxes sounding but now my remote keypad control is now showing bell tamper on the display. The alarm does now sound externally when on test. The tamper switches that hold the covers on the bell boxes look to be fastened properly. Also when i removed the back bell box cover it did trigger the alarm but when i removed the front bell box cover it didnt trigger the internal tamper, as the back one did.
    Any help would be most appreciated.
    thanks
    julie
  • Gumby
    • May 2004

Please use the general forum

Hi Julie

I have moved your post to the general forum since that is where it is more likely to be read and replied to. The Idratek forum is specifically about the Idratek product range.

Gumby the Mod.
    ----------------------
    www.gumbrell.com

Comment

• John Winter
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Dec 2007

Hi - most likely your -ve tamper return wire back to the panel is not connected at one or both of the bellboxes. What panel/bellbox combo do you have?

John
      --------------------------

www.nodeone.blogspot.com

Comment

• poppit15
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Jan 2008

bell box tamper problem

Originally posted by John Winter View Post
        Hi - most likely your -ve tamper return wire back to the panel is not connected at one or both of the bellboxes. What panel/bellbox combo do you have?

John
        Hi thanks for your message i will give it a try it is accousta pro bell boxes and a eurosec alarm panel. The alarm did work at one time but the yellow wires which are for the tampers are there but there is one yellow wire that it not connected to the alarm panel of the bell boxes, so will have a go at puting them in place and trying that. I have even done a master reset on the system and it is still showing bell tamper. Thanks again will let you know how i get on.

There is some pics of the alarm panel and bell boxes on my other post.

thanks
        julie

Comment

Working...
        X