• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poppit15
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2008

Bell Box Tamper Fault

Hi i was wondering if anyone who has any knowledge of alarm systems could maybe give me some idea has to what is wrong with my alarm system. I have posted a thread before regarding my bell boxes not sounding. I have managed to get one of the bell boxes sounding but now my remote keypad control is now showing bell tamper on the display. The alarm does now sound externally when on test. The tamper switches that hold the covers on the bell boxes look to be fastened properly. Also when i removed the back bell box cover it did trigger the alarm but when i removed the front bell box cover it didnt trigger the internal tamper, as the back one did.
    Any help would be most appreciated.
    thanks
    julie
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Are there any wire links on the circuit boards in the bell box. Normally you can set up via these links if the tampers work or not. I find sometimes the back tamper switch to be a bit of a pain, especially if the wall its mounted on is uneven. So in some cases I have to disable it, but then the bell box is mounted at a height of at least 4 to 5 metres. It could be that the bell boxes may have got water logged, can happen as most bell boxes aren't 100% waterproof. If there are no wire links or these days you tend to get little removable links, then you might be able to bypass the tamper in the actual alarm panel. Some alarm panels have a separate tamper for the bell boxes. Just short this out but check if it needs a resistor shunt or just a piece of wire.
    Good luck
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• TimH
      Automated Home Legend
      • Feb 2004

Just guessing at some solutions...
      Do you need to do an "engineer reset" to clear the tamper fault? IIRC a "user" can reset an intruder-activated alarm but sometimes the engineer needs to reset a tamper fault (as it indicates the physical integrity of the system may have been compromised).

Are your front & rear bell boxes exactly the same? And wired-up in the same manner?
      Which bell-box sounds when the intruder alarm goes off? Is it the same one as the tamper alarm?
      From your description it sounds like the boxes are wired-up differently...

HTH,

Tim.
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

• poppit15
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Jan 2008

Bell Tamper Fault

HI thanks for your replies, they have been helpful. I have had a look at the bell boxes today and closed the loop on them, but still the control panel is showing bell tamper, also the back bell box that was working is now not working again. I was wondering if this might be something in the main alarm box and if so have you any ideas has to what i can check? I would be grateful if anyone has any ideas if you could give me the procedure that i need to follow as im afraid to say where the alarm panel is concerned its like a barage of wires. any information would be greatly received.

Thank you once again

julie

Comment

• TimH
          Automated Home Legend
          • Feb 2004

Julie,

Do oyu have the user and installation manuals for your particular alarm panel? While most panels operate in a similar manner there can be differences in the detail between them. You really need to refer to the specific instructions for your make/model of panel as any generic advice may not be in the right sequence etc. for your particular unit.

re: the bell boxes, while you may have fixed the fault the panel may need to be reset i.e. tell the panel that the fault is gone, as it may not register the fix by itself. Typically this would be with an "engineer" reset which is usually a different arm/disarm code to that normally entered by the "user".

With some make/model information, and the instructions, it may be easier to help

Cheers,

Tim.
          My Flickr Photos

Comment

• poppit15
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by TimH View Post
            Julie,

Do oyu have the user and installation manuals for your particular alarm panel? While most panels operate in a similar manner there can be differences in the detail between them. You really need to refer to the specific instructions for your make/model of panel as any generic advice may not be in the right sequence etc. for your particular unit.

re: the bell boxes, while you may have fixed the fault the panel may need to be reset i.e. tell the panel that the fault is gone, as it may not register the fix by itself. Typically this would be with an "engineer" reset which is usually a different arm/disarm code to that normally entered by the "user".

With some make/model information, and the instructions, it may be easier to help

Cheers,

Tim.
            Hiya tim it is a eurosec alarm system, I put the engineer code in today and then pressed reset but it didnt do anything. Thanks again
            julie

Comment

• toscal
              • Oct 2005

Have you looked at the event log this may give a clue, also you could have a loose wire.
              Which Euosec version is it,The Eurosec CPX, CP8 LCD or CP8 LED

I have a copy of the Engineer manual for the CP8 LED Version PM me and I can email it to you.
              IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
              Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
              X