• Show
Clear All
  • jasonbriggs
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2008

Home networking

Hi everyone,

Was just after some last minute advice.

I have been working on a home networking system and have just come accross one last problem.

I have a lead that goes from the Master socket to the back of a patch panel. Then I will have an adsl microfilter connected at the front.

I justed wondered if there was any sort of 'standard', of which pins should be connected to which cables of the telephone feed.

This is so that the adsl micro filter match so the t'internet will work.

If it helps I have loads of diagrams that shows how this works.

Any help will muchly appreciated.
  • TimH
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2004

Hopefully this thread should have all the info:

There are also a number of other "telephone" threads on here, just search for "krone" and you should get quite a few results.

HTH,

Tim.
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

• toscal
      • Oct 2005

normally for phones there are only 2 wires on the RJ11 phone sockets these are the center contacts, and therefore on the RJ45 sockets it should be the center contacts.
      These sites explains the phone connections

Oh and if you are using bt plugs be aware they used their own numbering for the contacts.And not the BS standard for these plugs.
      IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
      Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• CWatters
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Nov 2006

Should really put the filter in the master socket and run the filtered output to the panel.

Comment

• jpdw
          Automated Home Guru
          • Oct 2007

Originally posted by CWatters View Post
          Should really put the filter in the master socket and run the filtered output to the panel.
          I'd recommend this too... Filtering my adsl "at source" at the master socket instead of microfilters scattered around the house took my bb from 2Mb/s to 6.6Mb/s.

Do the filtering "properly" with a filtered socket instead of microfilters ... do a search on adslnation and clarity.it . ( no connection etc).
          Jon

Comment

Working...
          X