X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Slicker
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Sep 2004

ahh - ok... so I use the cat5 to go to the light switches... I don't need to run mains to there as well? The mains goes to the C-Bus modules.. correct?

Do the appliance modules work in a similar fashion to the x10 modules?

Comment

• FrankMcAlinden
      Automated Home Guru
      • Feb 2004

Re: what is?

ahh - ok... so I use the cat5 to go to the light switches... I don't need to run mains to there as well? The mains goes to the C-Bus modules.. correct?

Thats correct loop cat5 from switch to switch you can even wire in a star configuration..Yes the mains wiring goes to where you have the cbus modules located......

Do the appliance modules work in a similar fashion to the x10 modules?

Yes but hopefully without the clunking sound the x10 modules make, i only have a dimmer module so cant verify that...and they look a lot better too....
      Frank
      Home of FirM - the Multi Zone IR Transport System
      http://www.armaghelectrical.com.au/index.html

Comment

• Slicker
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Sep 2004

Can I use similar IR and RF remotes to control the C-Bus in the same as as the X10 can be controlled?

Comment

• FrankMcAlinden
          Automated Home Guru
          • Feb 2004

Re: what is?

Can I use similar IR and RF remotes to control the C-Bus in the same as as the X10 can be controlled?

Im assuming you mean can you use the remotes you currently use for x10..???..Cbus have their own ir and rf remotes...Although im using a cheap 6 button remote to control my lites via Homevision.....
          HTH
          Frank
          Home of FirM - the Multi Zone IR Transport System
          http://www.armaghelectrical.com.au/index.html

Comment

Working...
          X