• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ReynoldsB
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jan 2008

Idratek and CCTV

Hi all, I think it is about time to sell my geovision cards as they do not fit into my new server PCI slots...... wrong voltage....

So first thing, what cards have/are people using? I know Cortex has been tested using an IVC200 card from www.voxtechnologies.com but can you control PTZ cameras from this or is there some other way?

Also the onboard graphics is absolutly cr*p on these hp ML110 servers so would I need to get a better graphics card?

What I do not understand is that I needed 2 cards to view the Geovision images, one a real-time card, is this the same with the IVC200 cards?

Still mor questions than answers......

Thanks all,

B.
  • Karam
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2005

There is no provision as yet in Cortex for handling PTZ. The IVC200 is just a 4 channel digitiser using 4 separate digitiser chips so you can get 30fps on each channel. You don't need any other cards, ie. 1 IVC200 = 4 cameras. Another option is to use ethernet based cameras. With these you can typically access the cameras and any PTZ features directly via the camera server but still integrate into Cortex for other aspects eg. panelising multiple camera views, image based motion detection, control of image capture and pre-event buffering and so on. Our experience with TCP/IP cameras is still limited. One thing that is apparent is that you can potentially get a better quality picture (if you're prepared to pay a bit more of course) but the bandwidth versus number of cameras vs frame rate vs quality is not something I can personally advise on.

Comment

Working...
    X