• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John Winter
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Dec 2007

Invert DIO PIR input levels?

Hello all - I spent a day over easter playing with my system, hence my renewed activity on the forum..

I have installed 3 GJD Opal PIR's for controlling my exterior lighting. Only problem is that the output for the passive is designed for the GJD control panel, which responds to an open collector negative going pulse from the PIR - exactly the opposite of Cortex's DIO requirement (held negative, going o/c on detect and pulled high to 3.3v).

Is there any way to alter a DIO PIR object's input so it responds to a -ve pulse rather than held -ve, going high on alarm? I did have a play with logic functions but couldn't get a logic output to drive a virtual PIR.

I could just buy some low power relays to create the condition required by the software, but I hope I can find a more elegant software based solution.

I have tried using a proximity input but it appears that they can only be associated with a door and can't directly infer presence to a room.

Any suggestions welcome.
    --------------------------

www.nodeone.blogspot.com
  • Karam
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2005

Hmm, a negative going pulse upon detect is fairly standard. Please wait until we look into this.

Karam

Comment

• John Winter
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Dec 2007

Thanks Karam - I know for a standard (non Idratek) PIR it's usually a n/c arrangement, but an 'invert switch state' checkbox on the PIR behavior menu would be ideal...

John

www.nodeone.blogspot.com

Comment

• Karam
        Automated Home Legend
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by John Winter View Post
        Thanks Karam - I know for a standard (non Idratek) PIR it's usually a n/c arrangement, but an 'invert switch state' checkbox on the PIR behavior menu would be ideal...

John
        Apologies, my own thinking was inverted there. Should avoid late night replies .. 8-}. You are of course correct in saying it tends to be n/c, so as you say requires invert in Cortex or firmware.

Comment

• Viv
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by John Winter View Post

Is there any way to alter a DIO PIR object's input so it responds to a -ve pulse rather than held -ve, going high on alarm? ......

A Cortex update is available to 23.1.0.

This version allows the PIR object associated with the switch input of a module to be inverted. Therefore registers motion on logic high rather than low.
          See PIR behaviour menu.

Comment

• John Winter
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Dec 2007

Tested this afternoon with 3 PIR's connected to a QRI - and working great! Thanks Karam and Viv for a speedy update!

Cheers

www.nodeone.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
            X