• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • markwm
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2008

Din RAIL units

Bit of a newbie question this but where exactly are you supposed to locate the DIN RAIL units such as the LD11.

As I understand it each unit will control the lights attached to it so assuming I have 4 rooms with single ceiling lights in each room I would need 4 units but where do you install them so that they are accessible?

If you install them at the consumer unit that would for each room you'd have to have a cable run from the room/switch back to the DIN RAIL unit where the consumer box is?
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by markwm View Post
    Bit of a newbie question this but where exactly are you supposed to locate the DIN RAIL units such as the LD11.

As I understand it each unit will control the lights attached to it so assuming I have 4 rooms with single ceiling lights in each room I would need 4 units
    Correct.

Originally posted by markwm View Post
    If you install them at the consumer unit that would for each room you'd have to have a cable run from the room/switch back to the DIN RAIL unit where the consumer box is?
    This is the usual location to put them. It is possible to have a small din rail box and mount them in a more convenient location or why not use Micro-modules or mini-modules. These are much smaller and designed to fit behind the switch, all you may need is a neutral wire to each switch location.
    Last edited by toscal; 28 March 2008, 03:19 PM.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• markwm
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Mar 2008

Is there a micro module with the same functionality as the LD11?

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

Easy answer is yes. If you want there are also mini-modules these are slightly cheaper, about 40 euros, but are slightly thicker 46X46X23mm and the micro-modules are 46X46X16mm.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
        X