Thread: Loss of Kat5 signal

Automated Home Sr Member Quinten's Avatar

Default Loss of Kat5 signal

Hi Keith,

I've moved my node0 around this weekend and somehow my Kat5 TX behaves erratically. This is what my set-up currently looks like:

Set up like above, I get a black picture and no sound. I've swapped network cables (to eliminate issues with them), and they do not seem to be the problem this time. If I connect my canal+ box directly on the TX, I get a perfect picture with perfect sound, however, if I use the same cabling to connect to my sky box, I get a black/grey washed out picture and a very faint sound. If I connect my xbox, uk-tivo or nl-tivo directly, I get the same black picture with no sound.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Quinten View Post
    Hi Keith,

I've moved my node0 around this weekend and somehow my Kat5 TX behaves erratically. This is what my set-up currently looks like:

Set up like above, I get a black picture and no sound. I've swapped network cables (to eliminate issues with them), and they do not seem to be the problem this time. If I connect my canal+ box directly on the TX, I get a perfect picture with perfect sound, however, if I use the same cabling to connect to my sky box, I get a black/grey washed out picture and a very faint sound. If I connect my xbox, uk-tivo or nl-tivo directly, I get the same black picture with no sound.

Any ideas?
    Couple of ideas....

1. Can you email me with the serial number of your Transmitter, if it is a really eary one it might need a slight modification which I can tell you how to do.

2. You show an RXU at the TV end. Is this really an unterminated receiver, if so, it needs to be terminated.

Regards

Keith
    KAT5.tv - affordable high quality AV Distribution
    http://www.kat5.tv

Blimey, I wasn't expecting you to reply this quick!

My serial numbers are: 01410025, 01410026 and 01410027 (pasted from previous thread), which previously confirmed that one (the RXU in the picture) was a terminated RXU.

I can confirm the actual serial numbers of each unit in the picture tonight though if the above isn't accurate enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Quinten View Post
    Blimey, I wasn't expecting you to reply this quick!

My serial numbers are: 01410025, 01410026 and 01410027 (pasted from previous thread), which previously confirmed that one (the RXU in the picture) was a terminated RXU.

I can confirm the actual serial numbers of each unit in the picture tonight though if the above isn't accurate enough?
    Pretty sure the transmitter will need a slight mod, only involves removing two resistors and fititng two new ones on the rear of the SCART socket.

Email me keith at kat5 dot tv and I will send details.

Keith
    KAT5.tv - affordable high quality AV Distribution
    http://www.kat5.tv

Quote Originally Posted by katman View Post
    Pretty sure the transmitter will need a slight mod, only involves removing two resistors and fititng two new ones on the rear of the SCART socket.

Email me keith at kat5 dot tv and I will send details.

Keith
    Emailed you yesterday Keith, did you receive it ok?

You may or may not receive the email I send you on Friday (it's been delayed apparently, you really ought to check your mail server), but I'd hereby like to publically thank you for your support... I modified it according to your instructions and it worked fantastically!

Thanks again Keith!