X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kevin
    • Jan 2004

Simple Logic Object behaviour

I wonder if someone at Idratek could just give a bit of background on the simple logic object with regard to it's behaviour/evaluation precedence.

I created a compound logic object that has around 8 gates in it and it didn't behave as expected . However I re-arranged the order of the gates - but not the underlying logic used and now it works. Basically I moved some gates higher in the list of gates within the object and I also swapped a couple of the 'AND'ed inputs to some of the gates. Is there an evaluation order or precedence that might cause this ?

What I was seeing before is that the output of my logic object was correctly showing as '1' based on the Gate item edit dialogue picture in its behaviour but the connected object (state input) was not switching ON, but did switch OFF at the appropriate time if I manually forced it ON . I see exactly the same apparent behaviour of the logic object with my second construct but this time the connected object does correctly follow both ON and OFF transitions.

Really just wanting to know the nuances so that I can construct things that work as expected...

Kevin
Working...
X