• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris_j_hunter
    Automated Home Legend
    • Dec 2007

>post them here if there's interest ...

Kevin - there's definitely interest here !!
    Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• Kevin
      • Jan 2004

OK.. I'll get some screens together that show the status of a few IDRANet devices. . and say some lighting control .. Meanwhile here's an example of a touchscreen layout I already use for my Sonos control - it is sized -and useable from a Nokia 770 tablet (or a PC) and everything is realtime - the elapsed times, progress bars , buttons controls etc. This is an adapted screen from another user 'Osler' btw - not my own work.

Now any of those text/numeric/slider fields you see in the image above can be updated from xAP messages and hence report the status of any IDRANet device :-) Likewise any of the buttons can control your devices on IDRANet or trigger Cortex actions.

Just so it's got at least one IDRANet sensor on there I have popped in the temperature from my external LTH module sensor in the top right hand corner . Nice to see double figure values at last ;-)

Kevin

Comment

• Paul_B
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jul 2006

Just thought I'd report back on my use of the run command from a Macro.

Recently I have purchased a Media Centre server which is a Core2 Quad and Intel x48 chipset. Great machine but power hungry drawing ~140W whilst running. So I want to hibernate it whenever I'm not using it.

I have just moved my Squeezecenter (aka Slimserver) for Squeezebox to this machine and it is much more responsive than my Mini-ITX server that I was previously using. Cortex remains on the much more frugal Mini-ITX server.

When I hit the power-down on the Squeezebox remote it sends an output to Cortex (Cortex has a object for Squeezebox). I have created a macro that calls a batch file after waiting 10 seconds. The batch file uses Sysinternals psshutdown.exe which sends a hibernate command to the Core2 server.

To wake the server up I just hit the power button on the Squeezebox remote. The SB3 has the ability to send a Magic packet Wake-on-LAN and within a minute the Core2 server is fully operational and sent a response to Cortex.

Very happy and could obviously be taken further with powering on and off the AV Amp as well.

Paul

Comment

• spellinn
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Dec 2007

Run command

I've been asking for the "run external task" command for a while, and it's great to see it's been implemented.

When will 23.1 be released? Your post above implies you have the code already, but my auto-upgrade is still saying that 22.1.11 is the latest.

Cheers

Neil

Comment

• Paul_B
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jul 2006

Available now and is invoked from the macro object in Cortex. Think the wording is run shell command.

Paul

Comment

• spellinn
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Dec 2007

It's not available when I click on upgrade...strange. How did you download?

Cheers

Neil

Comment

• Karam
                Automated Home Legend
                • Mar 2005

Neil,

Well someone did say we were pretty poor about making a song and dance about new products ...

V23 was released a while back. Just visit our Downloads/Software page and you can upgrade from V22 to V23 - still for free . Please read the release document for instructions and differences to V22. There is quite an overhaul to the lighting automation so give yourself some time incase you have to tweak things to match your present setup. Make sure you also do an update after the installation since there has been at least one increment relative to the download base.

Karam

Comment

Working...
                X