• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lemons
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Apr 2008

HW cylinder overflowing.

Baxi back boiler, indirect cylinder, gravity fed HW and pumped CH. Danfoss Randall 102E controller & a Danfoss 2-port valve (013U1280)

My HW cylinder is overflowing into the small cold water CH tank in the loft. What can cause this? I'm trying to understand how the system works, have deduced most of the above from reading the threads here.

What does the Danfoss 013U1280 valve do? Its in the CH circuit adjacent to the pump & just below the HW cylinder. It looks like it has a motor or solenoid and a thermostatic unit very like a radiator thermo valve. A capiliary tube runs off to a temp sensor strapped to the HW cylinder. Does it simply shut off the CH circuit when I select "HW only" on the 102E controller, or is it more sophisticated than that? Could it be the cause of my overflow?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • tabath
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Apr 2008

Usually faulty thermstat on cylinder

Comment

• Octi-man
      Automated Home Lurker
      • May 2008

sounds more likely your indirect coil has ruptured/split this is the only way your HW can mix with your CH system. New cylinder it is then.

Comment

• tabath
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Apr 2008

If a stat has gone CH can overheat , water expands and gets dumped into the F&E cistern, so no, split coild is not the only way to get hot water going into the F&E cistern.

Comment

Working...
        X