Thread: UKHA:Local

Automated Home Jr Member Stubbs's Avatar

Default UKHA:Local

I've just read the tread on the reducing list volume, and as long as that leads to an increase in signal-noise then I don't think it's too much to worry about.

The thing that did stand out was the meetings, a couple of other lists I'm on have monthly meetings, in pubs, where someone does a quick talk, then everyone has beer and talks about it ... sound familiar? :-)

Of course the main difference is that those maling lists are fairly location specific (South Yorkshire, Manchester & Leeds) so for the meeting to be successfull you need a few people to be in the same geographical area. I wonder if we could do that with UKHA members?

The format of the talk is what's called a 20:20, basically it's 20 slides, each shown for 20 seconds, there can be up to 5 of these on a good night. Then maybe a more structured discussion if there's something worth discussing ...

The organisational effort is minimal, find a pub with wifi & a room they'll let you have for free, then let people know ... erm, that's about it

So, I suppose there are two questions ... 1) Are there enough of us clustered in the same place, and 2) would you be interested?

I'm in Sheffield.
    -S

Automated Home Lurker

Default London / N. Kent

I'm in London / N.Kent and would be interested in a mini-meet...

Nigel

I'm in the Guildford area, and ditto

Tim.

Automated Home Jr Member dsample's Avatar

Thumbs up Cambridgeshire

A local meet around Cambridgeshire would be great. It would be good to get to know others and share tips/fix issues in person.

Automated Home Lurker

I'm in Reading (moving to Milton Keynes v. soon) and would be interested in attending meets