X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kemik
    • Mar 2024

Integrating all the mess...

Well I've long been an visitor to Automated Home and other sites like this and bought lots of different items/gadgets and its now about time I finally integrated all this together.

I just can't seem to find a piece of software that brings all my stuff together so would welcome advice from members here.

What I want is to integrate my equipment and have a slick easy to use GUI (so that other non-technical members of the family can use) to the software that controls it all available via the Web (of course), via my TV (can be through some other media device such as my Xbox if required), via my mobile phone (either via DTMF, SMS or Web) and potentially through other devices such as say my PSP - is this too much to ask for? Let's see.

My equipment....

BT VP1000 (OEM of Visionic Alarm Panel) wireless alarm system with multiple senors including door contacts, PIR and smoke detectors and configured to work with my IP cameras
    Analogue and IP Cameras (Axis)

In my comms rack (node zero) I have the following
    Original Xbox running XBMC
    Xbox 360
    PS3
    Sky HD
    Dreambox Sat receiver
    Slingbox
    Windows Home Server (WHS)
    Plus lots of other stuff :-)

The whole house is flood wired with Cat5 connected to 1GB switch and has Wireless access. I can access all the consoles from my rack on any TV in the house so any of them could be used for my TV GUI as required.
    Ideally I'd love to have the software compatible with WHS so that this is the only server I need to leave on 24/7.

So more specifically I’d like to from the same software package…

1. View any of the cameras at any time via any TV in the house
    2. Track events on the VP1000 in the same software and contact me via tel, email, sms
    3. Record on motion detect from either IP or Analogue cameras (I can currently do this with my Axis cameras but not my analogue)
    4. Access any camera via the Internet thro my broadband at any time (again I can currently do this with my Axis cameras but not my analogue)
    5. At some integrate lighting so this software should also allow me to support lighting options in the future

Any ideas?

Many thanks
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Kemik View Post
    So more specifically I’d like to from the same software package…

1. View any of the cameras at any time via any TV in the house
    2. Track events on the VP1000 in the same software and contact me via tel, email, sms
    3. Record on motion detect from either IP or Analogue cameras (I can currently do this with my Axis cameras but not my analogue)
    4. Access any camera via the Internet thro my broadband at any time (again I can currently do this with my Axis cameras but not my analogue)
    5. At some integrate lighting so this software should also allow me to support lighting options in the future

Any ideas?

Many thanks
    Main Lobby maybe worth a look. Interfaces very nicely with Homeseer. www.cinemarsolutions.com . You can produce very good looking interfaces in a short space of time. Plus you can have it running on more than one PC.
    Also think about some kind of video server or DVR for the analogue cameras. This will give you the internet connectivity, motion detect, and email functions. Have a look here http://www.digidave.co.uk/jshop/section.php?xSec=21 the IP9100A is worth a look.
    If you need more info on DVRs with internet conectivity and hard disc recording send me a PM.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• noel-pilot
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • May 2005

How are you distributing your consoles video outputs to the various tv's around the house?!

geovision might be worth a look for the cctv side of things?

Comment

Working...
      X