X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nickdenker
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Feb 2007

luckily after all that know some very friendly people who have helped install a new pipe most of the way replacing all the lead... Not quite finished but nearly there and very hard work!
    Nick

Comment

• drawdog
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Dec 2008

ASHP's

Folks, the info you have (and concerns) over ASHP's are likely based on out-dated systems - things have moved on.

I work for Mitsubishi Electric UK who manufacture a unit known as Ecodan, it's a fully inverter driven ASHP designed specifically for domestic install - both new and retrofit. The really important thing to look for is the inverter compressor and fans, this allows you to forget the need for a buffer vessel and any other special allowances.

I've got one on my house (14kW). I'm obviously bias so you'll need to investigate yourself, suffice it to say that COP's are presently 4.0-5.0 (ambient 9c and flow 37c) and never got below 3.0 even at really low ambients. The unit blows all current GSHP's away.

Additionally I'm using Hometronic to control it, very simply. Acid test for my system was that the wife hasn't complained !

Comment

Working...
      X