• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • qba
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jun 2008

Playing with Cortex

Hello,
    I'm just exploring Cortex. I'm trying to force system to send emails when events occurs. And it is working But now I would like it to send emails only when event occur at particular time frame, for example between 10 am and 1 pm. Is it possible to do such things? Any help would be welcome
  • Karam
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2005

Off the top of my head - you could probably stick the e-mail action into a macro and use your event to trigger (start) the macro. Macros have an operating time gating feature which can then be used to achieve the time window. Alternatively you might time gate the event itself at source if its only job is to trigger the e-mails.

Comment

• qba
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Jun 2008

Macro and its operating time sounds good. I'll set it tonight for testing.
      Thank you!

Comment

• qba
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Jun 2008

Hello again,
        Macro is working great
        Now I have another question based on my recent experience.
        I managed to set Cortex to send email to me when alarm detects intrusion.
        Now I know it works - yesterday I received about 14 emails with notification until I was able to get to home and check what is going on.
        Is it possible to add to email report source of alarm?
        BTW during alarm configuration I found out that putting door into "alarm trigger sources" AND "entry/exit sensing" results with big noise during entry Is it intended?

Comment

• Viv
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Dec 2004

The "alarm trigger sources" are those that will trigger the alarm when it is armed. Even when you enter the property (having previously been armed) if these sources are activated then the intruder detect will be triggered. Therefore the doors or motions sensors that will be triggered when you normally enter the property should NOT be placed in this list.

The "entry/exit sensing" are those sources which WILL be triggered when you enter the property. If the alarm has previously been armed they are used to advise the user they must disable the alarm. If you do not disable the alarm in the time allowed then the intruder detect will be activated.

On returning to a property and disabling an activated intruder state the system will speak what caused the alarm. The Alarm status message that is created and may be appended to an email does not give the source that triggered the alarm. However we will try to implement this on future releases/update.

Viv

Comment

Working...
          X