• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Millne
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Nov 2007

Overrides (Going to bed)

What is the best way to override the default presence/light level behaviours in the bedroom when somebody goes to bed? I would like to manually turn off the light when going to sleep. If I press the button on the drb module will the light then stay off until I turn it back on manually?
    Visit my blog and Follow me on Twitter...
  • Karam
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2005

You can connect the button to 'toggle the light'. Say you have the particular light object set to automation mode 4 and you perhaps set your operating times to be between 10am and 11:30pm. Ensure the 'Autoset override to default, ...' check box is checked. Then if you go to bed before 11:30pm you press the button and the light goes out until either you press the button again or after 10am next morning (and other conditions satisfied such as presence and light level below low threshold - ie. normal automation automatically resumed after 10am).

As your posts on the topic have highlighted once again, automated lighting is a more complicated concept than people initially imagine (or rather, don't imagine ). Which is also a caveat to the effect of: if I get it wrong be gentle with me...

Comment

Working...
    X