• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mister Jones
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jul 2008

Powermax + or CM15, please advise

Please can anyone offer any advice, I have a Visonic Powermax plus alarm system which has some x10 functionality.
    I'm keen to get going on the x10 route and was wondering am I better off buying the XM10U controller that will let my Powermax panel communicate with my x10 devices or is it worth investing in the CM15Pro and controlling the devices with this instead. The CM15pro certainly looks easier to use and I am a complete novice.
    I don't want to lose any intergration that the Powermax panel may add to the system, can both work alongside each other?
    Would appreciate any advice. Thankyou.
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

While the Powermax is a very good alarm, its automation control is limited. And not very easy to set up via the panel. If you go down this route I would consider getting the control software for the pc it makes it easier to program.
    The CM15 pro is quite good and a definite improvement over the cm11. And allows to do conditional macros which you can't do with the powermax. This give you more flexibility.
    You can run both an XM10 and a CM15 together. Only problem is if both units transmit a command at the same time. You would either get nothing or just one command or a different one. This is not normally an issue if the Powermax just sends the odd command.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Mister Jones
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Jul 2008

Thank you Toscal, do you know if the Powermax can send an alarm armed or disarmed signal via X-10 that say the CM15Pro would begin a sequence from?
      And is it possible to use the PIR's from the Powermax to activate X-10 devices?

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

I think so but I'm not 100% sure. What does it say in the manual. I don't have one to hand at the moment. Will have to look it up later.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
        X