X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

New X10 modules

Hi there. Well we have finally got the prototypes up and running. They are a bit rough around the edges, but they are prototypes.
    These are new X10 modules. In the initial range there will be an Appliance , Lighting, CFL, and a high power version of the lighting module.
    All modules have built in noise filtering. Can be checked for status. And rather than a user replaceable fuse they will have small circuit breakers built in. So no putting the wrong fuse in.
    We are also looking into maybe having a signal that will be sent when the circuit breaker pops, but its pretty tight in the box. So this may be on the back burner for a while.
    The enclosure is of the din rail type so will fit into any standard din rail consumer unit.
    The units will be tested for about a month then we hope once the kinks have been ironed out (if any) to go through the CE marking process. Then start with a small scale production before ramping up to a large production.
    Price will be somewhere between 45 to 60 euros.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by toscal; 22 July 2008, 04:50 PM.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog
  • milkattable2
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Sep 2004

Hmmm, interesting...

Let me know if you need someone to beta test one ;-)

Regards
    Steve.

Comment

• toscal
      • Oct 2005

Thanks for the offer. I already have a couple of beta testers. But its always good to have the possibility of a few more. Can you pm me with your email address, and I will put you on the potential beta tester list.
      IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
      Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• toast0r
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Feb 2008

When do you think these will be available to purchase? They interest me a lot - especially the CFL unit.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X