Does Cortex support Squeezebox Duet / Duet as HA controller?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JonS
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2007

Does Cortex support Squeezebox Duet / Duet as HA controller?

I know that Cortex supports sending information to the Squeezebox v3 luminous display and I couple of people here use that feature. However I have jsuthad a look on the Idratek website and cannot see mention of either the SBv3 feature or the SB Duet.
    If there is support it looks like there is potential for it to be hand-held HA controller, rather than jsut displaying info, actually sending commands without line of site to an IR panel...
    It may make it easier than using an iPodTouch/N800/ smart phone as remte controller as it won't require rendering of a web page on a small device which when I tried on an HTC 620 was unbearably slow. True the interface unlikely to be as rich as a web interface could be, but usability (incl speed) is paramount to me.

Anyone know the answer?

Jon
    JonS
  • chris_j_hunter
    Automated Home Legend
    • Dec 2007

>smart phone as remte controller ...

did you see :

(seems to give hope that it could be fast enough)
    Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• Paul_B
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jul 2006

Now that Idratek supports XAP protocol this maybe an option as Ed pearson on the XAP "team" is updating the plugin to support Squeezecentre 7.x and Duet.

Paul

Comment

• Kevin
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Paul_B View Post
        Now that Idratek supports XAP protocol this maybe an option as Ed pearson on the XAP "team" is updating the plugin to support Squeezecentre 7.x and Duet.

Paul
        The xAP plugin for SqueezeCentre v7 gives you full transport control features and also provides status in terms of information (artist, album, track etc) as to what's playing on every player. It can also process keypress (IR) info and display and queue/prioritise messages to specific players. I believe as a feature of SC7 the display messages actually do (sort of) display on the Duet hand controller.

However in this initial release there is no special support for coercing the Duet remote for HA purposes. ie no custom HA' menus or anything. What you could do is create a virtual player eg SoftSqueeze and some really short virtual tracks eg 'bed light off' and play it - intercepting the status on xAP and then trigger a macro in Cortex. Not ideal but perhaps workable.

K

Comment

Working...
        X