• Show
Clear All
  • qbatqbat
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2008

Reflex Questions

Hi,

I have a short question about Reflex:

How can I get the relay in a DRB module to mimic the input of an ODI module?

And a much longer version of the same question:

I've finally got round to installing the excellent Idratek modules in the house for various uses. I am setting up everything using Reflex programming currently and although I plan on buying a Mini itx low power PC and full Corex license in the future I'd still like a reasonable Reflex system as backup.

I currently have outputs from our alarm panel (Texecom Premier) driving relays opening and closing inputs on an ODI module allowing the PIR's on the alarm to double up as Idratek PIR's amongst other things.

I have two outside lights connected to a DRB which I want to act as security lights activated by certain PIR's and a door contact sensor (all connected to alarm panel). I have the alarm programmed to close one of its outputs (connected via relay to ODI module) while any of the sensors are activated and when sensors become deactivated to start a timer to turn off the output the ODI input. It's therefore closing each time I want the light to come on and opening each time I want it to go off. I want the status of this ODI input to be reflected on the relays in the DRB module.

I can do this by assuring a correct start state for the DRB relay and sending a toggle to it each time the state of the ODI input changes, but is there a chance one of the toggle commands may not reach the DRB relay and effectively leave everything reversed (light on all the time until you walk out the back door when it leaves you in darkness!)

Should I instead be sending an "ON" signal to the DRB each time the ODI input closes and an "OFF" each time it opens? If so, how do I get it to react like this as I'm not sure how to find out the actual state (just that it's changed)?

I have another related question but I that's probably enough to read for now!

Many thanks,
    Nick.
  • Karam
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2005

There are I suppose a couple of approaches (or more?) to this type of requirement. One is to utilise the timed ON function intrinsic to relay type modules, eg. upon a change to the ODI input simply trigger a message to the DRB to turn its relay on for a certain time period (using dynamic output change command). You'd probably only want the ODI to trigger on one edge of the input signal otherwise the DRB relay timer will also be extended after the ODI input is turned off.

The other approach (using your alarm's timer) would be better done using separate ON/OFF instructions as you suggest. But perhaps surprisingly this is not nicely supported in the digital input Reflex structure due to legacy hardware constraints. However it can be done by using conditional Reflexes to trigger different packets based on the present input state. The present input state being available in a memory location which unfortunately is not fixed across all module types and in some cases not across firmware versions... I told you it wasn't nice

I'm away from the office this week so I'll publish details of the latter for the ODI sometime after I return.

Comment

• John Winter
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Dec 2007

Karam, Nick,

same setup for me (premier 48 - great panel!) so I, for one would be interested in your solutions - right now I'm using Cortex to achieve this functionality, but Reflex is always good...

John
      --------------------------

www.nodeone.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
      X