• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ianharrigan
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Feb 2008

ActiveHomePro questions

Hi all,

Im thinking about upgrading my installation from the standard X10 (CM11A) to the new ActiveHomePro (CM15), i have written my own software to make use of my current controller and have a few questions to ask about the new controller:

1) First off, is this available to the united kingdom? Is it the CM15 im after or another version?
    2) Related to the first question, where should i buy this? Is it ok to buy the american version from the active home pro site?
    3) Now to get a bit more techy; Ive read that they have an SDK available and was wondering if anyone has any exposure to this. Does their software need to be installed or will it bypass it?
    4) Finally, is there a way to query the state of the devices with this controller? Ie, if i turn a light on with a remote control is it possible for the computer system to query the new state and update the UI accordingly?

Thanks for the help in advance and any other information you can supply on this new controller/system would be great!

Ian
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

1. The Cm15 should be available in the UK if not give me a PM and I can send you prices and maybe send you one.
    2.The American version will be for 110v and the RF frequency is 310MHz rather than 433.92Mhz in Europe and Asia.
    3. Can't comment on the SDK but from other threads from various forums, it doesn't have a lot of documentation with it. Though this may have changed by now.
    4. It should be possible I know if you set-up the modules correctly it is possible to poll the module from the interface to check if its on or of. If your modules are status capable and can transmit their status when their state changes then the Active home pro software will see the change and update themodule accordingly. The annoying thing about this is if you use more than one house code the Activehome Pro software can only monitor one house code at a time. So if this is set to A and you have a few modules set on B then it won't notice the changes on B immediately. You would have to either manual poll the B devices from the software or possibly write a macro to periodically check and maybe update the B devices. I don't know if this can be done in the software though. I can check next week in the office for you if you want. Don't know if using RF will update the modules as the RF side can monitor more than one house code. Will also check this out.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• toscal
      • Oct 2005

Just been checking the Activehome pro software. So hopefully I have now answered your point 4.
      Settings are for my test Monitored code is A for power line and for RF is A and C. When the lights on C are switched on via RF they automatically change their status in Activehome. Also If you send a powerline command (from a plug in controller) say C1 ON then the software will also change the status of the module. So if you have a module that will automatically transmit its status when the module is controlled locally then the software will automatically change the module status. So you will get real time status info. But many modules will only send out a status when it has received a status request. In this case you will need to poll the module manually from the GUI. Module will have a small poll button on it.
      The monitored house code is for use when designing conditional macros. So if you have a macro based on the condition IF A1 ON then do some action you will need to set the monitored house code to A.
      Last edited by toscal; 18 August 2008, 07:46 PM.
      IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
      Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
      X