• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chris_j_hunter
    Automated Home Legend
    • Dec 2007

AlertMe

AlertMe looks really interesting (I'm working my way through Mark's really excellent Pod-Casts at the moment, and - after the xPL one - have just listened to his later one on AlertMe), really interesting ... Mark's interview with the guys who are doing really opened it up for me ... and it's tempting to think of linking it into Idratek ... via the buttons, if nothing else, but preferably more intelligently, too ! From a security point of view, they are linking seriously into the Insurance companies - that's got to be helpful !
    Our self-build - going further with HA...
  • chris_j_hunter
    Automated Home Legend
    • Dec 2007

PS: having read Mark's review, too, and watched his short demo', as well, it looks as though AlertMe needs to mature a little - a few software updates, maybe. Seems a shame they've chosen to make it sound so clunky (like regular alarms) when it's just been armed (to encourage a smart exit) ... 'though again, presumably it's only software. Still, the potential's clearly there and, through the buttons, interfacing to Idratek might be relatively easy !!
    Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 9 August 2008, 04:08 AM.

Comment

• Otto-Mate
      Founder
      • Jan 2004

Glad you are enjoying the podcasts Chris. Some great ones lines up for the future too.

AlertMe has been working hard to fix the issues we came across in the review. The next major release of the software (due early Autumn I believe) should be a big leap forward with the voice notification stuff.

M.
      Editor AutomatedHome.co.uk

www.facebook.com/AutomatedHomeUK
      www.twitter.com/ottomate
      www.instagram.com/automatedhome/

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
        Automated Home Legend
        • Dec 2007

Sounds good ... of course, a lot of the functionality could be provided by Idratek on its own, but the attraction of AlertMe, for me, was its separateness (so still have security if the 'XP PC running Cortex crashes) and its prospective (fingers-crossed) acceptance by insurance companies ...

Comment

Working...
        X