• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Millne
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Nov 2007

RDP Plan View Screen Refresh Issue

When connected via RDP, if I maximise the Cortex window the plan view disappears and all I see is grey as shoon in the attached screen grab. I can't then get it to reappear. It comes back eventually but seemingly randomly as I can't work out anything repeatable to make it reappear.

Anybody any ideas as to what's going on here?
    Attached Files
    Visit my blog and Follow me on Twitter...
  • Gumby
    • May 2004

There seems to be some sort of refresh issue, I get the same effect. I find clicking in the top-left corner of the plan view just inside the blue outline corner causes a refresh.

The first time this happened to me it was just after installing an update and I was stumped for quite a while.
    ----------------------
    www.gumbrell.com

Comment

• Andrew Millne
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Nov 2007

Thanks Gumby, Unfortunately though I can't see the blue outline to click. Tried restarting PC, RDP and Cortex and still no joy. Got me really stumped now. At first I thought it was a remote desktop issue but it's now beginning to look like a Cortex one.

Comment

• Gumby
        • May 2004

Your layout is a bit different to mine, I have the house plan right at the top, where you seem to have some icons - bit difficult to tell from the screenshot.

Perhaps try VNC just to get control and then rearrange the plan view ?
        ----------------------
        www.gumbrell.com

Comment

• Andrew Millne
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Nov 2007

Small breakthrough...

I can open the starter kit sample databases and view no problem only my default database will not display the plan view. I don't think it is something I have recently changed because I can't view backups going back to march either.

When I open my default database the small house icon flickers briefly but that is all I can see.

Comment

• Paul_B
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jul 2006

Have you tried some of the RDP options like removing the cache bitmaps option or turn it on if it is off?

Comment

• Gumby
              • May 2004

Hi Andrew

The small house flickering sounds like the syndrome I had, and similarly I thought my database was corrupted initially because the plan would be fully redrawn with a different database.

The small house icon should be at the top-left of the house plan - this is where I find I can click to redraw the whole plan. If you have this underneath something else then I guess it will be more tricky.
              ----------------------
              www.gumbrell.com

Comment

• Andrew Millne
                Automated Home Ninja
                • Nov 2007

Paul - Yeah tried playing with the different options under the experience tab and also altered display resolutions.

Gumby - Tried your clicking in the top left method also with no joy.

Also tried installing VNC but different issues exist with that when installing through RDP.

Comment

• Gumby
                  • May 2004

I've had a quick play adding the sound icon to my plan. I am finding some slight issue with the border of the icon getting out of sync and not matching the icon size correctly. Bitmap cacheing turned off in RDP settings - nto that it seems to make any difference.

I'm wondering if your general icons are obscuring the area I have found you need to click in. Perhaps turn on the border for your house object and then set it's vertical position to have the origin underneath the general icons. You may have done this already, can't tell from your screenshot.
                  ----------------------
                  www.gumbrell.com

Comment

• Andrew Millne
                    Automated Home Ninja
                    • Nov 2007

Ah ha! Went to do what you suggested and for some reason the house plan size had been given a zero height. Increased the height and all is displayed again. Odd, I'll see if I can find some repeatable steps to have it do the same again.

Thanks guys.

Comment

• Gumby
                      • May 2004

It's weird that you seemed to have the same problem in your backup databases but only recently noticed the issue in your primary. Did you have 0-size in the older ones as well?
                      ----------------------
                      www.gumbrell.com

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Dec 2007

another possibility / way-'round ... we find Jaadu works great as a VNC way to control our Mac's from iPhone ... dead easy ... not tried it with Windows, but others do say it works well ... Jaadu used to call themselves Teleport (IIUC), and do other applications, too, beyond iPhone ...
                        Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 1 September 2008, 08:27 PM. Reason: typo ... grrr !
                        Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• Andrew Millne
                          Automated Home Ninja
                          • Nov 2007

yeah the backup databases all were zero height as well, I agree very weird.

Comment

• Gumby
                            • May 2004

Well, I've just had this problem.

I discovered that the World icon size has to be >16, then you see a fragment and can click on that to refresh the whole plan.

It seems that adding an object had reset the icon size somehow.

It's not just and RDP issue, I went and looked at the directly attached screen and had the same problem there.
                            ----------------------
                            www.gumbrell.com

Comment

• Viv
                              Automated Home Ninja
                              • Dec 2004

It appears the problem may be caused by the database saying the World object (on which the plan view is drawn) should be drawn as a icon (this should never happen).

How the World object data can get into this state is unknown and is probably rare based upon the few issues reported.

A Cortex update to 24.3.18 should resolve the problem for those that have experienced it.

Thanks to David G for his help.

Comment

Working...
                              X