• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • roton
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Sep 2008

Remote dimming problem

I just started setting up my x10 stuff today but am having some very strange problems with dimming. Everything was working ok earlier but now I cannot dim any light (light switch or lamp) using a remote (KR22E) or stick-a-switch (SS13E).
    At first I thought it maybe a problem with mains noise but everything works perfectly from pc (using Homeseer). This only affects remote operation.

Things I have tried:

- New batteries in remote and switch.
    - Different transceiver.
    - Different socket for transceiver.
    - Continuously holding the dimming remote buttons while standing right next to transceiver.

On and off work fine, its just the dimming. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? or have any idea what I can try?

Thanks.
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

Check the house code of the remotes and stick-a-switch. If this is OK then try a different house code on the remotes and transceiver. If you go for P I think, on the TM13 transceiver this is a kind of universal receive all codes. So all you need to do is set the remotes etc to desired house code.
    Also is the transceiver near anything such as a cordless phone or anything wireless. Such as video senders.
    I have seen if the CM15 pro is too near to a DECT cordless phone it won't see the Rf signals from the remotes.
    Have you changed any bulbs to energy savers.
    Last edited by toscal; 9 September 2008, 09:09 PM.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• roton
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Sep 2008

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes they are all on the same house code but I will try switching everything over to a new code tomorrow.

The transceiver is in the same room as a DECT phone... I will try unplugging it but I really hope thats not the problem because I have a few.

Funnily enough I spent a lot of time taking out every energy saving bulb I had (reading the " energy saving bulbs may may cause your switch to melt" label has pretty much made my house an energy saving bulb free zone ).

Will let you know how I get on.

Comment

Working...
      X