Infra-Red to X10 Converter (10162 / IR7243)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Craigf
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Sep 2008

Infra-Red to X10 Converter (10162 / IR7243)

Hi this is my first post on here and would like to ask the following, if I purchase the IR7243 which I believe should operate any x10 devices that I may have via RF, would this device be compatable with my new Logitec Harmony 1000 IR remote so that I can program my Harmony to send signals to my IR7243 which in turn will operate my x10 devices via RF. Many thanks
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

According to theLogitech website it is compatible.
    Just go to your Logitech software (make sure you are connected to the internet).
    Select Home automation-light controller from the device field. From the manufacturer select X10 wireless and for the model number write
    IR7243 and thats it. It should go off and program the remote for you. Don't know if this will give you X10 control via RF or via IR though.
    Good luck
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Craigf
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Sep 2008

Update

Hi Toscal just to let you know all is in full working order, I programmed the harmony 1000 and it now operates all my x10 items it's fantastic at last now only have to use 1 remote for all my lights tv stereo cable dvd you get the picture,

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

Is it working via RF or IR.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Craigf
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Sep 2008

my IR remote sends signals to the x10 devices by changing the signal to RF

Comment

Working...
          X