• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cedric
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Sep 2004

Sorry, I think I'm being thick

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can translate all the manuals and info into plain language! I'm currently looking at installing a complete C-Bus installation into my house. I'm fairly sure I understand it all, but just to confirm, my living room will consist of 3 wall lights, 2 centre lights, 2 halogen spots. I want to control the Wall lights together, centre lights together and the halogen spots seperately, I assume this makes 4 circuits, and therefore would use 4 slots on an 8 way dimmer?

The reason I ask is that all the documentation I can find only shows one light per output on the dimmer modules?

Hope this makes sense, and grateful for any advice you can give!

Thanks
  • Ross
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Apr 2004

Re: Sorry, I think I'm being thick

Originally posted by Cedric
    Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can translate all the manuals and info into plain language! I'm currently looking at installing a complete C-Bus installation into my house. I'm fairly sure I understand it all, but just to confirm, my living room will consist of 3 wall lights, 2 centre lights, 2 halogen spots. I want to control the Wall lights together, centre lights together and the halogen spots seperately, I assume this makes 4 circuits, and therefore would use 4 slots on an 8 way dimmer?

The reason I ask is that all the documentation I can find only shows one light per output on the dimmer modules?

Hope this makes sense, and grateful for any advice you can give!

Thanks
    The output groups of an 8 channel dimmer are 1 amp each. Therefore your loads need to less than 1 amp per output group or channel. This roughly equates to 4 x 50 watt LV downlights. Using Iron core ballasts.
    You will have to calculate the load of the fittings you intend to use and select the appropriate dimmer for the given application.
    You may be better of with a 4 channel 2 amp dimmer.
    cheers
    Austalian Integrators Forum
    http://www.integrate-oz.net/forum/index.php
    http://www.cbussales.com/index.php

Comment

Working...
    X