Use PIR for presence only when door is closed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Millne
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Nov 2007

Use PIR for presence only when door is closed?

Is it possible to set up a PIR within an Idratek MFP/DFP to be only used for presence detection when a door is closed? Positions I have planned for a few panels are close to doorways and therefore may pull people in to rooms inadvertently.

I don't want to disable the PIR completely when a door is closed as I would still like it to function for alarm purposes.
    Visit my blog and Follow me on Twitter...
  • Gumby
    • May 2004

I think the Idratek logic is designed to take this into account, but no doubt you'll get a definitive response from Karam shortly
    ----------------------
    www.gumbrell.com

Comment

• Viv
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Dec 2004

If the door is open then you would still want the PIR to detect you in the room for normal behaviour else it would not turn light on etc.

Their is an option (in room object) to only pull you out of a room if the PIR in the room is active. Meaning if someone moves past the door outside your room if your PIR is not true (active) then it will not pull you out of room. If you leave the room then your rooms PIR will go active plus the one in the room you go to so it will pull you out of room.

However this expects the PIR's to behave as described and is not always the case.

Personally I would recommend masking the side of the PIR that is exposed to seeing persons through the doorway in the other room.

Comment

Working...
      X