• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andrew Millne
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Nov 2007

Room mapping, Halls and Corridors

I have a hall with an attached corridor that I would like to treat as a seperate room within Cortex. What is the best way to do this? Whilst two seperate rooms with a virtual permanantly open door works from a functionality point of view it doesn't really make sense on the plan. Basically what I'm looking for is something along the lines of the stairs object to act as a room divider where no physical wall or door way exists.
    Visit my blog and Follow me on Twitter...
  • Gumby
    • May 2004

How about hiding the door on the plan and setting the border of the corridor the same as the background to hide it ?
    ----------------------
    www.gumbrell.com

Comment

• Andrew Millne
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Nov 2007

Thanks Gumby that's a nice idea and one which I will probably use, I was however hoping for a more elegant solution. Perhaps a multi purpose object is what is needed for stairs, virtual room divides and maybe a window option as well. I would like to inhibit heating when a window is open and again using a door just doesn't seem to fit.

On a related theme my house also has a back door that leads into a conservatory and then to the outside of the property. I wish to use the first door as my "external door" due to the fact the conservatory isn't very secure and the conservatory door to the garden is often left open, how should I take care of this scenario?
      Visit my blog and Follow me on Twitter...

Comment

• Gumby
        • May 2004

For windows you add a digital input connection to the module "Switches" sub object (for your window sensor). You can then choose the window icon and it will be animated (ie shows open and closed).
        ----------------------
        www.gumbrell.com

Comment

Working...
        X