• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ajaxuk
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Oct 2008

Scantronic Alarm & Cortex

I've just purchased a new home and have inherited a wired alarm system with the typical selection of PIR's, a door contact and panic buttons. It's the Scantronic 9651.

I'm at the planning stage at the moment with what I would like to like to do with the Idratek system and due to my limited capabilities I think there is going to be a steep learning curve.

Ideally as a first step I would like to connect the alarm panel in such a way that I can utilise the PIR's to act as occupancy sensors for Cortex. I also want the alarm system to act independantly when armed.

I believe other forum users have had some success using the Texecom Premier panel, does anyone have any experience with my Panel?

Reading the installers manual, it appears to have "3 programmable outputs" but I can't understand if they are suitable for the purpose I would require.

I would prefer to keep my existing alarm, but I guess it wouldn't be too difficult to replace the panel with the Texecom if necessary.

As a side note, the new Idratek multi function display panels have really caught my eye and look so much better than the old syle.
    Any news on when they will be available?
  • dinefwr
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2008

Scantronic 9651

You will find all the info and manuals on www.ukpanels.com/forum1
    There are also engineers online to help you, all free.

Comment

• Karam
      Automated Home Legend
      • Mar 2005

A generic method is to have the PIRs energise some double pole relays one pole goes to existing alarm and the other to an IDRATEK digital input.

Comment

• Kevin
        • Jan 2004

The relay approach works well for four wire circuits but if the sensors use only two wires plus a pair of resistors to implement tamper protection then although you could still do this you'll loose the tamper protection.

I have a similar need (two wire) as my 'outputs' on the panel are delayed significantly from the PIR triggers so I would like to signal directly from the sensors. The alarm system is professionally maintained and they won't consider an interim relay or indeed any non 'approved' hardware eg my own electronics . What I would really like to find is an approved device (high impedence voltage sensor) that could monitor the input zones and give an open collector output on activation. I'm sure there's a need for such a device - just haven't located one yet.

Cheers K

Comment

• Karam
          Automated Home Legend
          • Mar 2005

You've got a point there Kevin. I wonder whether high gain optocouplers might work eg. HCPL-4701/4731 with 40uA operating current ? Obviously would need appropriate resistors and perhaps reverse block diode for good measure.

Comment

Working...
          X