Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HVAC Fallback - Room by Room Basis?

Automated Home Ninja Andrew Millne's Avatar

Default HVAC Fallback - Room by Room Basis?

I don't seem to be able to find a fallback setting for heating on a room by room basis only when editing the "All HVAC" object. Is this functionality possible? there is part of my house that can go unnocupied for extended periods of time and I don't want to heat it unneccessarily. I realise there is an unnocupied profile associated with HVAC object behaviours but a further fallback would be more suited.

Yes, I think so. If you put an HVAC object in each room, on the controls tab you will see a fallback tickbox. You can control this from something else (macro, button etc) via the connections, it's in the "more..." dialog.

I have an HVAC object in each room to allow different profiles and also disabling of heating by window sensosrs and door combinations.
    ----------------------
    www.gumbrell.com

That makes sense now, so the "All HVAC" fallback mode will only apply to HVAC control objects that have the fallback option checked.

Not quite - the checkbox on the HVAC behaviour dialog puts that (room) HVAC into fallback. Similarly the effect of controlling it via connections events.

The ALL HVAC is an overall override. Probably intended for something like going on holiday, whereas the individual HVACs allow you to mothball particular rooms.
    ----------------------
    www.gumbrell.com

Forgot to say that this is also reflected on the plan view if you have HVAC objects shown. They go from showing the temperature to "FB" when individually fallen back (!) and "All FB" if the override is used.
    ----------------------
    www.gumbrell.com

Thanks Gumby this makes sense now.

Warming up and old thread.. sorry... but it's related....

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby View Post
    Yes, I think so. If you put an HVAC object in each room, on the controls tab you will see a fallback tickbox. You can control this from something else (macro, button etc) via the connections, it's in the "more..." dialog.

I have an HVAC object in each room to allow different profiles and also disabling of heating by window sensosrs and door combinations.
    I'm trying to implement something like this at the moment ... I have an HVAC object per floor of the house (matching wet zones).

I want to have a button on a QRI for each floor, acting as a "fallback toggle". Ie press the button #2 once, and 2nd floor HVAC goes to "fallback". Press again and fallback is cancelled.

I can get it one way, by connecting the QRI button#2 output to "2nd floor HVAC enabled" but obviously that wont help disable the fallback on the 2nd press. I dont want to use 2 buttons either (I need all 4 for different zones :-) .

Is there a way to create a toggle?

Oddly enough, I have this working just great using reflexes (though its complicated) but now I try to replicate this in cortex...!

I've not gone into cortex logic in great detail but could you have the button connected to a logic object? that way you could have... if fallback enabled --> disable and vice versa? Gonna go have a play now because I'm just making an educated guess based on what I presume the logic object is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Millne View Post
    I've not gone into cortex logic in great detail but could you have the button connected to a logic object? that way you could have... if fallback enabled --> disable and vice versa? Gonna go have a play now because I'm just making an educated guess based on what I presume the logic object is for.
    So far I've not suceeded in making the logic thing do anything useful ... but what you say would make sense...

Individual HVAC objects have their own fallback state (true-false).
    The temperature setting for fallback however is taken from the All HVAC object.
    The plan view icon will show 'FB' if the HVAC is in Fallback condition.

If the All HVAC object is set to Fallback then all the HVACs go to fallback. This is regardless of their own fallback state.

HVAC's that have local fallback still show 'FB' in plan view. HVAC's that are affected by ALL HVAC setting to fallback show 'All FB' in plan view.

Cortex 23.0.25 update: HVAC object now has Toggle Fallback option.
    Led of button associated with a fallback change will now turn on for fallback = true.

Idratek.