Thread: Reverting to Reflex mode at shutdown

Default Reverting to Reflex mode at shutdown

Has anyone created a script / process that puts IdraNET into a Reflex mode when you are about to reboot the computer hosting Cortex? My current machine also runs SQL and Exchange so can take a while to go down and back up again and sometimes Cortex doesn't automatically restart. Therefore, during planned maintenance I would like to exit Cortex and place the HA into Reflex

Paul

Automated Home Jr Member

Hello
    You need to have the system watchdog configured - you can find the detailed instructions in the Cortex help section "How to create a System Watchdog"
    You need to ensure that "Leave active on network stop" option in the timer object is checked.

Cool it must be the last sentence that isn't configured as Karam talked me through creating watchdog fucntionallity some versions ago. Now you mention I think he said something about it being disabled at graceful exit. I know if I kill the Cortex process then the watchdog kicks in and the system reverts to Reflex

Or you can broadcast a reset packet manually.

In the bottom of the Communications / Structure page you have the command window.

Enter the following packet FA91000004000200

Command insight will help you. You can the call this up at any time. Cortex remembers the last 5 commands. This command sends out a broadcast module reset command.

It might be of interest that the next main release of Cortex version 24 will include an automated method of creating simple default Reflex based upon your Cortex configuration of connections. Mainly allocating panel buttons to toggle lights and a simple heating control.

Viv.

Thank you Vivian that is very useful. Do you have an ETA for ver 24?

Hopefully in December