Page 1 of 23 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: HouseHeat system

Automated Home Lurker

Default HouseHeat system

Has anyone had experience of the HouseHeat system from www.heating-intelligence.co.uk? I have been looking for something to control temperature more efficeintly in our 4 story house. I have been considering the CM zone system but it looks very expensive, this system is much cheaper and appears to do the job but it would be good to get some feedback if anyone else has actually used it. I am guessing that as more players enter the market so the price will be driven down.

Jasper.

Dear Santa I want some please. I think I have been good.

They look interesting. If its as good as they say then certainly an alternative to the Hometronic system. And if you could get RFXCOM to control them then even better.
    May have to have a play with some.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

The link doesn't seem to be working now

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD View Post
    The link doesn't seem to be working now
    It worked for my just a moment ago, it may have been a temporary outage.

I'm just getting a page from a hosting company. Always worries me when a company can't maintain a simple website, although ... the Honeywell CM zone website was out of action for several weeks.

It may not be the company's fault. It could be the hosting company having problems.
    Last edited by toscal; 20th November 2008 at 01:42 PM.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Got there now, and it does look pretty good.

The downside of the Honeywell CM-Zone system is that PC control is ludicrously expensive, so its pretty much out of reach of most people, so there is a hugh gap in the market that this might just fill. We need someone to step in there and do a review!

Automated Home Lurker

Hi Jasper, Michael and toscal,

I recently took the plunge and bought the HouseHeat system from HouseTech UK (www.house-intelligence.co.uk). So far, I'm very impressed. I bought the basic system i.e. Wireless Zone Thermostats and Wireless Valve Motors, so can't comment on the centralised PC control nor the remote control via the internet (WebConnect). It is a German-engineered system which I understand has been available on the German and Scandinavian markets for some time. I have found it easy to install and set up, and also very easy to use.

Once I had installed the valve motor on the first radiator, I was able to install them on subsequent rads in a couple of minutes per rad, and I had the whole system up and running in less than an hour, with no need to call out a plumber, nor was it necessary to drain down the heating system. I liked the fact that as the system is fully wireless, there was no need for any wiring or new plumbing, so the installation was very clean with no mess (kept the wife happy! :-)

Like you, I also had a good look at the Honeywell CM Zone and Hometronic systems, but came to the conclusion that the Honeywell system was very expensive and that the HouseHeat system delivered the same or similar functionality at a much lower price. One of the reasons I have installed this system is to make my heating system more efficient and save on heating bills - spending a lot of money to save money seems self-defeating! The significantly lower price of the HouseHeat system was a compelling argument to choose it, and I haven't been disappointed.

Other points I liked about the HouseHeat system over the Honeywell CM Zone system was that the temperature is sensed wherever you place the room/zone thermostat, whereas I believe the Honeywell CM Zone system measures the temperature next to the radiator (at the HR80 TRV head - correct me if I'm wrong!) and will therefore be more susceptible to temperature-sensing errors.

People I spoke to made a big deal out of the Honeywell boiler interlock functionality, but there is an optional boiler-control product in the HouseHeat product range ('SmartBoiler') which offers similar functionality and offers additional efficiency over and above the basic system if required. I didn't buy this, as I thought I'd see first how I liked the basic system, but may add that later.

Please let me know if there's anything particular you'd like to know, and I'll answer if I can.

ATB

Ian

Automated Home Lurker

One thing I forgot to mention: the system is fully modular, so you can test it out in one room first (only £69 for a room with one radiator!), and then if you like the system, easily expand it from there as required - which is what I did once I'd established that I liked the product.

Automated Home Lurker

Very interested in these.

Looks a good alternative to honeywell CM Zone.

A google for similar part numbers find these links:

http://www.contronics.de/html/fhz_1xxx_pc.html

http://www.contronics.de/shop/index.htm

Looks like it can do a lot more than just radiators

I might buy a PC starter kit UK prices look OK.

Mark