X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jtuggey
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Mar 2009

I've got predominantly HouseHeat FHT devices (although I think these are ELV? in origin). They do not display the current temperature - although it would be great if they could. I'd be interested if the Conrad one's do? I guess it might depend on firmware. Anyone know if there is a way to update firmware?
    The two things that would make the system much better is:
    1. displaying the temperature on the FHT's
    2. being able to turn the 'whole house' off/on or on holiday from the master controller - I've forgotten its name now...

Comment

• martynwendon
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Feb 2009

Conrad

I took the plunge and ordered some stuff from Conrad.

The FHT80b kit comes in at 49.95 - these are the equivalent to the HouseHeat FHT80B thermostat and the FHT8V radiator valve and work with my FHZ1300 USB controller.

They also do the FHT8 kit at 35.95 which is a thermostat and radiator valve kit too, but the thermostat is NOT bi-directional and therefore does not work with the FHZ1300 USB controller.

Hope this helps.

Martyn
      My Blog

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by martynwendon View Post
        I took the plunge and ordered some stuff from Conrad.

The FHT80b kit comes in at 49.95 - these are the equivalent to the HouseHeat FHT80B thermostat and the FHT8V radiator valve and work with my FHZ1300 USB controller.

They also do the FHT8 kit at 35.95 which is a thermostat and radiator valve kit too, but the thermostat is NOT bi-directional and therefore does not work with the FHZ1300 USB controller.

Hope this helps.

Martyn
        Just had a look on the Conrad international site and the FHT80B costs abit more. I guess it all depends on the xchange rate.
        IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• martynwendon
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Feb 2009

Has anybody fitted a "Boiler Connect" (FHT 8W) unit from the HI range?

I'd be interested in any opinions on this as I am planning to get one.

If it switches the boiler on / off according to demand from the thermostats, how does that effect hot water? In the non-winter months I have the boiler coming on for "hot water only" for an hour or so every day, would this still work?

Thanks,

Martyn
          My Blog

Comment

• jtuggey
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Mar 2009

Hi Martyn.
            Yes I installed the boiler Connect. Couldn't really see the benefit of the HouseHeat modules without also using this. not sure what sort of heating/hot water system you have. Mine is an indirect heated hot water cylinder, with two flow valves that direct water from the boiler to either the hot water cylinder, radiators or both. I connected the FHT 8w in parallel to the original wall thermostat connections in the cupboard. Hence the FHT 8W triggers the boiler when heating is required; and has not interferred with the hot water side of the system. Hope that makes sense and helps?

Comment

• al1234567
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Jul 2009

In case anyone else is using Homeseer with these devices, I have now implemented the boiler connect functionality in HomeSeer. My boiler is switched by Homeseer anyway for both hot water and heating. I have connected the homeseer controlled output relays in parallel with the existing wall timer.

Homeseer knows the actuator open percentage level from each FHT8B. I therefore check each percentage with a condition trigger and when any actuator is > 30% it switches the boiler on, with a delayed device switch off scheduled for 10 mins later.

The conditions are re-evaluated every 5 minutes, and the 10 min countdown renewed each time, as long as any one actuator is >30%.

Comment

• toscal
                • Oct 2005

what interface are you using to get the values into Homeseer.
                Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• martynwendon
                  Automated Home Sr Member
                  • Feb 2009

Originally posted by jtuggey View Post
                  Hi Martyn.
                  Yes I installed the boiler Connect. Couldn't really see the benefit of the HouseHeat modules without also using this. not sure what sort of heating/hot water system you have. Mine is an indirect heated hot water cylinder, with two flow valves that direct water from the boiler to either the hot water cylinder, radiators or both. I connected the FHT 8w in parallel to the original wall thermostat connections in the cupboard. Hence the FHT 8W triggers the boiler when heating is required; and has not interferred with the hot water side of the system. Hope that makes sense and helps?
                  Cool, that's what I was going to do (although my system doesn't have a room thermostat currently).

Cheers,

Martyn
                  My Blog

Comment

• martynwendon
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by toscal View Post
                    what interface are you using to get the values into Homeseer.
                    I wrote a xAP connector for "FHEM" which is a control / web interface for the FHZ1300 USB PC device.

The xAP connecter outputs states of all the available variables that the FHTs support as BSC endpoints.

Al made some changes to that code to finish it off (adding bsc.cmd) and to change the addressing slightly to suit Homeseer.

Let us know if you want either version?

Cheers,

Martyn
                    My Blog

Comment

• lostboy
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Nov 2009

Househeat no longer trading on web

Looks like the web portal has shut up shop!

Comment

• toscal
                        • Oct 2005

The original danish site is still up and running http://www.housetech.dk
                        They uk company may have decided to supply to resellers etc.
                        These people sell some of the equipment http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/s...g_Control.html
                        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• martynwendon
                          Automated Home Sr Member
                          • Feb 2009

I got most of my recent kit from http://www.conrad-uk.com

Martyn
                          My Blog

Comment

• lostboy
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Nov 2009

- following info in this thread from you guys (many thanks) I've had the courage to try out a starter system (2 rooms). This has gone well so I've just received the kit to install a 16 room x 2 boiler interlock system (all from Conrad).

I've got the FHZ and FHEM up an running on my windows server. So the next step is to integrate with a wider control scheme. Martyn - would you be willing to let me have copy of your xAP interface? I run xPL at the moment and will try to integrate or re-write (if I get sufficient time to learn Perl :-).

C

Comment

• martynwendon
                              Automated Home Sr Member
                              • Feb 2009

Hi,

The latest version of the xAP script is at http://www.aceshigh.net/xap/FHEM.zip

I'm afraid there's no documentation or comments in the code, but it's reasonably straightforward.

Should be fairly easy to convert to xPL if you want to!

I've had it running since earlier in the year and it's been pretty stable, I use it to do things like crude weather compensation (raising / lowering room temperatures depending on outside temperature) and to drop the temperatures in each room down low if the house is empty for a period.

Cheers,

Martyn
                              My Blog

Comment

• lostboy
                                Automated Home Jr Member
                                • Nov 2009

Many thanks Martyn - I'll let you know how I get on.

C

Comment

Working...
                                X