Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: HouseHeat system

Ian, does each radiator require its own wall thermostat? And if so, does that drive the price up?

With CM Zone it is possible to use the remote thermostat built into each room controller, but you'd need to have the thermostat in the room being controlled, which sounds obvious, but mine aren't, they are in the hall or on the landing, each controlling two nearby rooms.

Still, it looks like good stuff. I'm particularly interested in the ability to use the web server interface to allow HomeSeer to control the temperature in each room. The Web Connect product seems to be 647, see http://www.house-intelligence.co.uk/...at_webconnect/ but that includes a mini PC, and, presumably, some hardware to interface with the other units. If you just buy software, then can the interface be bought separately?

Just had another look at the website, and answered my own questions, to get equivalent of the CM-Zone system that I have would cost around 650, CM-Zone was around 850, but the really critical point is the availability of the HouseHeat PC Connect product, which has the wireless control module, for effectively about 110.

The equivalent control for CM-Zone is over 1000!

If I hadn't already installed CM-Zone, then I'd be typing my credit card numbers into the HouseHeat website right now!

Automated Home Lurker

I was going to order 3 x saver pack 2 kits and a PC connect kit, added to cart and delivery charge shows as 40.74 !!

Nothing worse than companies that over charge for delivery.

I have emailed them to see if this is a mistake, no way it costs 40.74 to deliver a small box within UK.

Mark

I can get a 4 camera CCTV system complete with a networked enabled 250Gb DVR shipped to Spain for only 30 pounds from the UK.
    So I think they are having a tin bath.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    www.casatech.eu Renovation Spain Blog

Automated Home Lurker

I did receive an email back from customer service at housetech after my question to them about high delivery charges.

After an exchange of emails delivery prices have been reduced on the site.

Still looks a lot as my original order would be 23.90 delivery now rather than original 40.74.

I received and email from Ian at housetech and after a few emails offering advice ( as I run an ecommerce site and know all about this delivery charge stuff) there is hope that housetech will have a better way of calculating delivery soon. It is never easy with e-commerce sites to get it 100%.

So I might be buying some househeat products very soon

Mark

Automated Home Lurker

Hi Michael D, re. your post from 5th December - sorry, I have been on holiday for a week so haven't had a look on this forum. Just in case you didn't find an answer to your questions already:

1. Each radiator does *not* require its own thermostat. Each room/zone needs a thermostat, and each thermostat can control up to 8 radiators (through automatic wireless control of the rad. valves). The tech. spec. states that the wireless transmission range between thermostat and rad. valves is 100 metres free field. Even allowing for signal attenuation through walls etc, there should be no problem locating the thermostat in a separate room from the rad. valves/radiators it is controlling, if that's what you need.

2. I'm afraid I don't know the answer to your question about the WebConnect software - I think you should email customer support at HouseTech UK for some help on that one.

Hope that helps you - feel free to ask anything else if you think I can help.

Automated Home Lurker

Hi all,

I have been reading this thread with interest, I have a qusetion I wonder if anyone can answer.
    My system at home has a programmer/timer which controls both heating and hot water from a gas condensing boiler. I set the heating to come on at 0700 and go off at 2300. I also have a thermostat in my hallway which is conected elcetrically to the programmer/timer I think, and I then select the temp I want in my hallway. There are TRV's on all radiators.
    If I fit the Househeat system with radiator valves and thermostats in each room, and fit the Housemaster control panel to control each thermostat, does anyone know if the housemaster control panel will replace the function of my hallway thermostat and open and close the electrical circuit to my programmer to tell it to switch on and off when the househeat system demands it?, therefore I can leave my heating setting in the programmer to always on.

Automated Home Lurker

Hi Ian,
    Thanks for the info - a couple of Qs. I am looking seriously at the HouseHeat products and would be interested to know what brand of TRVs you have and also whether you used the FHZ1000? I want to run around 6 zones and want to avoid the need for multiple master units for ease of use.
    Regards
    Mike...

Automated Home Lurker

Hi Mike,

I have Siemens thermostatic radiator valves - the HouseHeat valve motors fitted directly on to the thread of the valves with no need for any adaptor, although I am aware that HouseTech can supply adaptors for other valves if you need them, and adaptors for Danfoss valves came bundled with the product. I have a friend who has also subsequently bought and fitted a HouseHeat system after seeing mine - he has TRVs from Wickes, and again, he was able to fit the HouseHeat valve motors directly on to the valve thread with no adaptors required. I believe that if you have TRVs with a 'standard' M30 x 1.5 mm thread you will not need to use an adaptor to fit the HouseHeat product on to the TRV.

I did not go for the FHZ 1000 HouseMaster product, so can't offer any advice on that, although my understanding is the same as yours, that it acts as a master controller for programming and displaying data from all the zone thermostats dotted around your building. I just bought the basic HouseHeat system with the wireless zone thermostats and the wireless valve motors.

I have, however, recently installed the HouseHeat boiler-control product (BoilerConnect) to enhance the system further, which also seems to work faultlessly.

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Alternative software

Hi - first post

Any chance they'll let people buy just the valve motors and the usb interface, and use our own software? I've been running my own pc-based system for 5 years now, but never found a convenient way to control individual radiator valves. I'm sure it's possible to use their web server box and talk to that, but doing that seems a bit over-engineered and expensive.

I've mailed the company direct; guess I need to wait until monday to see what their reply is.