Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: HouseHeat system

You need to have an automatic bypass fitted after the pump - this links the boiler floe and return pipes via a valve that opens when there is too much resistance in the system (i.e. all radiators closed) and allows the boiler to complete its over-run (normally to dissipate the heat from the burner before shutting down). Keeping the towel rad open will work for now but the bypass would be better.

Automated Home Jr Member

Thumbs up Bypass valve suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by SensibleHeatUK View Post
    You need to have an automatic bypass fitted after the pump
    Thanks for the suggestion - I have now ordered one
    I suspect this may help quieten things down even when just one rad is left open?

Just adds a little more plumbing work when I drain down the system

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Oh No - Another Stumble

Quote Originally Posted by KevM View Post

My final hurdle (or obvious mistake!) was I had previouisly set the FHT80b's up with a FHT1000 Housemaster (self contained master control). FHEM could read temp from the FHT80's but appeared not write any commands. It transpires each FHT80 was registered to my FHT1000 Housemaster and so ignored commands from the FHZ1300. I 'deregistered' one of them and it immediately picked up a command. So I guess I can't have both!

Kev
    This is so difficult ! - with my recent order for the FHZ 1300 I also ordered an FHT 1000 (Economy Set). Are you saying that the FHT 1000 will not work in conjunction with the FHZ1300 ?

Furthermore the 'Economy' set did not come with a FHT80b but a similar looking device with no LCD display at all !

Again, thanks for your offer of help but at moment am 'losing will to live' !

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Smart Pumps ?

Quote Originally Posted by SensibleHeatUK View Post

You need to have an automatic bypass fitted after the pump - this links the boiler floe and return pipes via a valve that opens when there is too much resistance in the system (i.e. all radiators closed) and allows the boiler to complete its over-run (normally to dissipate the heat from the burner before shutting down).
    When I had my ancient boiler replaced with a Worcester condensing boiler I had one of these valves fitted. I also have Wilo 'Smart' pump (variable speed with load) and wonder whether these two devices 'fight' each other ?

Have seen this question asked in other heating forums but have seen no definitive replies ?

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    This is so difficult ! - with my recent order for the FHZ 1300 I also ordered an FHT 1000 (Economy Set). Are you saying that the FHT 1000 will not work in conjunction with the FHZ1300 ?

Furthermore the 'Economy' set did not come with a FHT80b but a similar looking device with no LCD display at all !

I know the feeling! Open to others views but I beleive the FHT80b's can only register to one FHZ at a time. Not sure what the module without an LCD is?

I need to do some more testing to check this. Perhaps you can set the FHT1000 and FHZ1300 to have the same code and so share this with FHT80b's? I'm away on business a few days so will try when I get back.

Kev

Automated Home Sr Member martynwendon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KevM View Post
    I know the feeling! Open to others views but I beleive the FHT80b's can only register to one FHZ at a time. Not sure what the module without an LCD is?

I need to do some more testing to check this. Perhaps you can set the FHT1000 and FHZ1300 to have the same code and so share this with FHT80b's? I'm away on business a few days so will try when I get back.

Kev
    Yes, I too found this out the hard way - my aim was to have the 1000 master controller as a master programmer, with the 1300 PC interface offering finer control.

But it appears the FHT80bs can only be registerd with one controller at a time.....

In FHEM you can indeed set the master controller code manually for the 1300 to use, but as I understand it there is no way to actually see what master controller code the 1000 is using! I'd also question how well this would work anyway as you'd potentially have two controllers fighting over the FHT80bs....

To avoid wasting money I'm probably going to use the 1000 in a slightly different way. I'll set it up in FHEM as another controllable device, but without an actuator paired to it.

Using my HA software of choice (xAP Floorplan) and the xAPFHEM gateway I can then "listen" for any changes made to the 1000 and replicate them out to all the individual FHT80bs.

Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post

Hi Mike,

Unfortunately things like this tend to end up being a bit of a "hobby" and require a lot of effort to get right!

I guess there's always the option of going for a more expensive off the shelf solution that works out of the box?

When ordering the FHT80bs you need to make sure you order the bi-directional ones as those have both receiver and transmitter in. There's a cheaper version that is transmit only and they won't work with either the master controller or the pc interface.

I'm not sure what device you ordered that didn't have an LCD screen on? I know they do some FS20 devices that are in a similar design of case, maybe it was one of those?

Martyn

Automated Home Lurker

Talking HouseHeat

I am a new member to this site and read last week the comments on the FHT sets. I purchased from HouseTech at a cheaper price than Conrad. I looked at the Conrad site and they dont seem to specialize where as HouseTech seemed very helpful and the system arrived within 2 days. I bought a boiler connect for £80 including delivery and my Househeat professional set for £47.50 including vat and delivery. They also told me which connector I should use as I have one Drayton TRV. I bought 1 window sensor to try for my childs bedroom as the one that conrad sold was big and bulky the HouseHeat one is much smaller and slimmer. It works perfectly. For anyone wishing to buy these products I would give HouseTech a call. I dont have their number to hand but you can find it on the web.. a very happy housetecher! ::

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Williams View Post
    I bought a boiler connect for £80 including delivery and my Househeat professional set for £47.50 including vat and delivery.
    Hi Paul,

So are you intending to use the Boiler Connect with just one Thermostat / TRV or do you already have more? If you just have the one Thermostat / TRV then the Boiler Connect will interlock the boiler when that one room is up to temperature, which probably isn't what you want?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Williams View Post
    I bought 1 window sensor to try for my childs bedroom as the one that conrad sold was big and bulky the HouseHeat one is much smaller and slimmer.
    If you can supply the measurements I will compare it with those that I have purchased from Conrad - I believe that they are the same product.

Martyn

Automated Home Lurker

Default HouseTech

Thanks Martyn

I have measured the window sensors and they are 2cm wide by 11cm long by 1.5cm deep I have looked at one that my friend bought from Conrad and it was quite big and had a grey aerial out the top of this this one from housetech is definately smaller and also cheaper. the boiler connect will control 3 rooms which is what I have purchased so far but I am going to get more now I have tried the system. I am not sure how many thermostats the the boiler connect will receive signals from not sure if anyone knows?