Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: HouseHeat system

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    The sales guy - who was contacted via their web page email is sending my questions to a tech guy to respond - so when he does I'll update you..

K
    The Danish webpage address will do fine.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    www.casatech.eu Renovation Spain Blog

The email contact is via the UK website address . If you ring their UK telephone number it diverts to someone in Denmark - that's the only reason I know they are located there.

K

Automated Home Lurker

Default Homeheat price increase

I spoke with the sales guy today and he mentioned that the prices are about to go up on the website and that anyone thinking of ordering should do so very soon.

Automated Home Lurker

The HouseHeat products are now available from a UK based website too: http://www.househeatshop.co.uk
    As the full range of UK specified products come in, they will be listed over time (including the PC Connect and Web connect products).
    The site has plenty of useful documentation, including the valve adaptor fittings that are required for some of the Thermostatic Radiator Valves.

Automated Home Lurker

Default HouseHeat site in the UK

It was pointed out to me that the HouseHeatShop site was not live. The products are being sold instead from the main UK store at My Greener Home:

http://www.mygreenerhome.co.uk/heat-...g-controls-51/

Sorry for that.

Automated Home Lurker

...Just had a look at the HouseHeat section on "My Greener Home' following the previous post, which appears to be deliberately misleading...

'My Greener Home' is not the main UK site for HouseTech's HouseHeat range - 'My Greener Home' is clearly a third-party re-seller...

Also, the products are more expensive than buying direct from HouseTech...

Came across this posting in DIYnot.com forums for the house heat system.
    http://pod-172.dolphin-server.co.uk/...258e841e7ac817

Automated Home Lurker

Hi Toscal,

I might be able to throw some light on these points as I bought some HouseHeat stuff...

1. The valve actuators look fine on UK rads ... in my opinion, more discreet than mounted at the top of the radiators, where they would be more 'in your face'...

2. There is definitely centralised programming in the form of either the HouseMaster product, or 'PC Connect', although I can't comment in detail on these as I didn't go for either - I was happy to program each individual HouseHeat zone stat - not really a problem unless you have many, many zones

3. I also looked hard at the Honeywell system. However, it is significantly more expensive than the system from HouseTech, and the functionality seems largely identical. Since one of the benefits of a wireless zoned heating-control system is cost savings (in addition to increased heating comfort/flexibility and reduction of CO2 emissions), it seemed a bit self-defeating to pay a lot of money for a system which is supposed to save money.

Hope this helps,

ATB

Ian

And I have been doing some more investigating.
    And it seems that you can do more than just control the rads. Don't know if the House Heat is compatible but looking at the rad actuators they seem identical. Have a look here www.homematic.com still seems as if they are working on the site. But it looks quite good. Don't know if it will be a success in the market.
    The House Intelligence website also has more info on the system as well. http://www.house-intelligence.co.uk/...ent/homematic/

Automated Home Sr Member martynwendon's Avatar

Default took the plunge

A couple of months back I got a single Thermostat Control and Rad Actuator and was pretty impressed with it.

I'm now up to 4 Thermostat Controls / Rad Actuators and have just received the PC Connect hardware (FHZ1300PC) which allows control from a PC.

The supplied software is pretty cr*p so I've been investigating alternatives, which are pretty thin on the ground. There's a DLL available as mentioned earlier in this thread for developing your own but it relies on the original software being installed which the DLL then "controls" via Windows API calls.....pretty cr*p too!!

Happily though I've discovered http://www.koeniglich.de/fhem/fhem.html which I've managed to get working with the hardware. FHEM is a pretty basic piece of HA software, but it seems to work very well with the FHZ hardware and allows full control / event reporting of the Thermostat Controls, not to mention many other bits of kit that use the FHZ protocol.

All in all I'm quite impressed, the FHZ1300PC is sat in Node Zero (garage) in a closed rack and it has no problems so far in picking up signals from the 4 Thermostat Controls. It's great to have central control over the radiators and be able to set all the parameters for each TC from one location!

There's a TCP/IP interface available to FHEM so I'm going to code up a xAP or xPL gateway to it, which should open the HouseHeat stuff being controllable from a whole host of other software.

My immediate plan is to start managing the radiators "intelligently" and control the heating in response to other environmental information (e.g. front door open for more than a minute, turn off radiator in hall, when door closed ramp up radiator temporarily to restore warmth, then drop down again once temperature is restored).

Cheers,

Martyn