• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gpulido
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Nov 2009

Hello!

Just a few questions about FHT

1) The FHZ1300 USB controller (and the wireless one "1300 PC WLAN") can be used with fhem in linux?
    2) I will have my own thermostat in each room (A/A system) so I only need to control de radiator valve
    Can I use the FHT8V valves without using the FHT80B thermostat and control them with the FHZ1300?

Thank you!!

Comment

• martynwendon
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Feb 2009

Hi,

1) I would think so, assuming you can get a driver for the device

2) No, as far as I know the communication is between the controller and the thermostats, which then communicate with the radiator valves.

Martyn
      My Blog

Comment

• MikeM
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Mar 2008

HouseTech UK - Web Site

Was about to place on order for a HouseHeat Starter pack from Housetech UK and the web site reports "Housetech are no longer selling on the Web" !

What is delivery from Conrad to the UK like ? Was hoping to have a 'play' over Xmas with these units.

Comment

• lostboy
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Nov 2009

I found the conrad delivery quite fast considering it comes from Europe (Holland I think). On two separate packages it was delivered within 4 days of order. Not sure how the Xmas deliveries will affect it though.

Comment

• martynwendon
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Feb 2009

I've ordered about half a dozen times from Conrad and the goods always arrive within 4 or 5 days.

They've got a pretty good returns policy too, I mistakenly ordered FHT8s once insted of FHT80s and simply sent them back for a full refund (return postage at my cost).

Funnily enough, when ordering from Housetech UK in the past, they've always taken longer - I actually suspected that they were a UK based re-seller and they ordered the goods from the likes of Conrad themselves, before repackaging them and sending them on in the UK!

Cheers,

Martyn
            My Blog

Comment

• MikeM
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Mar 2008

Confused by Choice

Thanks for the help folks but now I am totally confused as to what I should actually order ? Thank you also Martyn as I didn't realise that an FHT8 was different from an FHT80!

To further complicate the Heating Intelligence site no longer has manuals online (or anything come to that !), the DiscountedHeating.co uk site only seems to stock the basic system, the mygreenerhome.co.uk has links that
              don't work and my Danish and German translation skills are absolutely zilch !

I have also been looking at the elv.de site via Google translate which seems to also offer the same product ?

Just how difficult can this be ?

What I want to do is buy Thermostats (3), Rad Valves (5), SmartBoiler (1) and the USB Hub 'thingy' so that I can have PC control and I would preferably like to buy these from one supplier.

So my Househeat shopping list is:

Room Stats - FHT80B ?
              Rad Valves - FHT8V
              PC Interface (USB) FHZ1300 PC
              SmartBoiler - FHT8W

Whilst I can buy some parts of this kit from conrad-uk I do not see the other bits on their site. Can any member please advise as to where I could buy this complete kit now that HeatingIntelligence no longer sells via the web ?

Thanks

Comment

• martynwendon
                Automated Home Sr Member
                • Feb 2009

Hi Mike,

On the Conrad site you need:

FHT80B Actuator & Thermostat Kits: 750407 - 89 (3)

Actuator: 570056 - 89 (2)

FHT8W Boiler Control: 560098 - 89 (1)

FHZ1300 PC Interface: 620371 - 89 (1)

Hope that helps.

Martyn
                My Blog

Comment

• MikeM
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Mar 2008

Martyn,

That helps enormously. I have been trawling through this thread and the other sites and getting myself utterly confused. I couldn't find the other bits on the Conrad site - thanks again.

Comment

• MikeM
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Mar 2008

And Finally - just one more question ?

Just discovered a little 'snagette'. The PC software for the USB PC Interface on the Conrad web site is in German ? (As I discovered when I came to install it !).

Martyn, is this available elsewhere in English I wonder ?

Again many thanks for your help

Comment

• martynwendon
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Feb 2009

Hi Mike,

The software that comes with it is pretty rubbish to be honest - myself and others have ended up using 3rd party software called "FHEM".

It's written in Perl so is equally at home on Windows or Linux machines, although it's a bit tricky to set up.

It gives you a nice web interface and the ability to integrate into other HA software (e.g. HomeSeer) using my a xAP gateway I wrote (also written in Perl).

Cheers,

Martyn
                      My Blog

Comment

• MikeM
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Mar 2008

Martyn,

The Conrad site is a bit confusing but thanks to your help I have ordered some kit this morning that should now probably be with me after Xmas.

I found the best page on the Conrad site was found by searching for 'FS20' Heating Controls which displays 'most' of the kit but not all !

Have decided that will delay purchase of the PC Interface and Boiler Controller after I have had a 'play' and a look at your suggested software.

Again, thanks for your help

Comment

• Innes
                          Automated Home Lurker
                          • Dec 2009

I just invested in exactly this set of kit from Conrad: FHT80b kits, FHT8W and the FHZ1300 and I'm also using FHEM for software (all on Linux in this case) which is perfect for my initial needs. Now busy gathering data about my various rooms!

I've also just installed an FS20 SU switch with the little FS20 PIR (cute!) as the primary light switch for the kitchen (so my wife no longer needs to turn anything on, or more importantly as she exits the kitchen hands-full, off - it runs a timer and switches off after a few minutes of no detection).

Comment

• MikeM
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Mar 2008

HomeHeat Kit - Impressed !

My Homeheat kit arrived on Christmas Eve - spectacular service even if it wasn't Christmas ! Really impressed with quality of units and can't believe how they manufacture it for such a modest cost. Been 'playing' of course and it does exactly what it says on the box. Some of the settings took a little time to understand though.

Minor snagette was that enclosed instructions were in German (understandably) and the downloadable instructions on the Conrad site are not available for my FHT 80B-2 Model thermostat control. I found some English instructions on an American SyxthSense site but there are a few anomolies in LCD screen display sequences.

Please can anyone point me to where I can find instruction manual for this particular model ?

Comment

• martynwendon
                              Automated Home Sr Member
                              • Feb 2009

Hi Mike,

I've put some docs up at http://www.aceshigh.net/HouseHeat.zip

Cheers,

Martyn
                              My Blog

Comment

• autolog
                                Automated Home Jr Member
                                • Dec 2009

I also got my kit on Christmas Eve (from Conrad UK) - FHZ1000 control unit x 1, FHT8W boiler relay x 1, FHT80B Thermostat + Radiator Actuator x 3. Having done a basic implementation to test out the system I am quite impressed with it. So much so, that I am about to order kit for the remaining radiators and also the interface to the PC.

One issue , I haven't resolved is how to manage the kitchen kickspace (floor mounted) heater. It is connected into the central heating system and blows hot air out into the kitchen. What I am looking for is a thermostat that will call for heat, turn the unit on and request hot water from the central heating system. The FHT80B looks to be too sophisticated for this as it is managing a valve actuator - I just want an on/off request to be made and for the boiler relay to be informed when this is the case.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be welcome

Comment

Working...
                                X