Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: HouseHeat system

Automated Home Lurker

Default FHZ1350PC & HTTP server

I've taken the plunge and ordered FHT80B & FHT8V together with the houseController from HouseIntelligence.
    I was looking at the ?manufacturers website (contronics) and I noticed they supply the FHZ1350PC rather than FHZ1000PC. Is there any significant difference between these two versions?

Secondly; Contronics are advertising a http server (software only) at 49; damn sight cheaper than the WebConnect including PC etc. Does anyone have any experience of the http server? Thanks!

Automated Home Sr Member martynwendon's Avatar

Hi,

The 1350 is ethernet the 1000 and 1300 are USB.

Although the picture on the HI web site is of the 1000, I received a 1300.

I tried the HTTP server software but it's similar to the DLL that's also available in that it simply "controls" the underlying original software....it's all very clunky to be honest!

I've got FHEM setup and running well now, it's perl based so maybe not everybody's cup of tea but it offers web and telnet interfaces for control / reporting.

It's all working rather well at the moment!

Martyn

Automated Home Lurker

Default Househeat & Myson TRV's

Hi all,
    Been very impressed with the HouseHeat system. Connected via FHZ1350 and starting to setup a linux mini-server (NSLU2) to offer greater control. The only disappointment is that the housecontroller does not control the whole house - rather can select individual zones (rooms); would be good to have a 'house function' for holiday mode; override automatic/manual etc.
    My room controllers keep flashing F2 on some radiators (indicating valve/actuator not fitting) - interestingly though no problems with other TRV's which are all Myson. I will contact HouseHeat for some advice...

Anybody had similar experiences? The manual suggests need 1mm extension pieces - where are they?

Automated Home Lurker

Hi Martyn, did you get anywhere with the xAP or XPL gateway? I'd like to control these via HomeSeer if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by al1234567 View Post
    Hi Martyn, did you get anywhere with the xAP or XPL gateway? I'd like to control these via HomeSeer if possible.
    Sort of, I've got a working implementation that currently will report all attributes of the FHTs as xAP BSC endpoints - it will send .info and .event messages appropriately.

It will also respond to .query messages to request current values of attributes.

I didn't get as far as implementing .cmd yet, but will do when I get some free time - not much motivation to do it at the moment since it's summer time and the heating isn't in use currently!

You're welcome to try it, there's a couple of caveats:

1) It's written in perl and requires a working install of FHEM (http://www.koeniglich.de/fhem/fhem.html) first since it talks to FHEM over it's telnet interface. I did consider writing a plugin for FHEM itself or even dispensing with FHEM and making a direct xAP<->FHZ Windows application / service but the telnet interface to FHEM was a quicker route to take since it's XML based and I already had some perl code for a different project that was 50% towards what was needed. Plus installing FHEM gives a reasonably functional web interface to control the system too and makes it really easy to change settings on multiple FHTs for example.

2) It's pretty easy to set up but you would need a working perl install too (I run both FHEM and xAP FHEM on a Windows PC using ActiveState perl).

3) When running it runs as a cmd process on Windows since that's what perl.exe runs as (couldn't get it to run under wperl.exe for some reason).

Other than that it's been rock solid running for the past couple of months and I've got the FHTs on xAP Floorplan showing room temperatures and radiator valve % opened / closed values.

Cheers,

Martyn

Automated Home Lurker

Hi, yes I'd like to take a look please if possible... I've ordered the PC connect and a couple of valves to play with.

cheers,

Al

Sounds good Martyn - I think I'll get some bits too shortly so I'll be in touch then, too - you never know it might coincide with your xAPBSC.cmd implementation ;-)

Automated Home Jr Member

I have come across what looks like the same system at Conrad Electronics. It is somewhat cheaper than House-Intelligence. Does anyone have any experience with this supplier? Is the system the same thing? Typically, I found them a couple of days late having just placed an order for my first bits of kit from HI (an actuator, a thermostat, the USB interface and a boiler interlock). If this is the same stuff, I assume I shouldn't have a problem adding it to my system when I come to add more rooms should I?

I'm pretty sure it's the same kit.....

If the prices are correct then it's an absolute steal, e.g. at HI the price of a thermostat controller and actuator is 76 delivered!

Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by fredd500 View Post
    I have come across what looks like the same system at Conrad Electronics. It is somewhat cheaper than House-Intelligence. Does anyone have any experience with this supplier? Is the system the same thing? Typically, I found them a couple of days late having just placed an order for my first bits of kit from HI (an actuator, a thermostat, the USB interface and a boiler interlock). If this is the same stuff, I assume I shouldn't have a problem adding it to my system when I come to add more rooms should I?

Automated Home Lurker

Wow, prices look good! Looking at the manual for the Conrad ones, there is an option to display the current temperature on the FHT rather than the desired temperature. I don't see this option on the House Intelligence units.

Anyone managed to get their HI units to display the measured temp?