Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: HouseHeat system

Automated Home Lurker

I've got predominantly HouseHeat FHT devices (although I think these are ELV? in origin). They do not display the current temperature - although it would be great if they could. I'd be interested if the Conrad one's do? I guess it might depend on firmware. Anyone know if there is a way to update firmware?
    The two things that would make the system much better is:
    1. displaying the temperature on the FHT's
    2. being able to turn the 'whole house' off/on or on holiday from the master controller - I've forgotten its name now...

Automated Home Sr Member martynwendon's Avatar

Default Conrad

I took the plunge and ordered some stuff from Conrad.

The FHT80b kit comes in at 49.95 - these are the equivalent to the HouseHeat FHT80B thermostat and the FHT8V radiator valve and work with my FHZ1300 USB controller.

They also do the FHT8 kit at 35.95 which is a thermostat and radiator valve kit too, but the thermostat is NOT bi-directional and therefore does not work with the FHZ1300 USB controller.

Hope this helps.

Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by martynwendon View Post
    I took the plunge and ordered some stuff from Conrad.

The FHT80b kit comes in at 49.95 - these are the equivalent to the HouseHeat FHT80B thermostat and the FHT8V radiator valve and work with my FHZ1300 USB controller.

They also do the FHT8 kit at 35.95 which is a thermostat and radiator valve kit too, but the thermostat is NOT bi-directional and therefore does not work with the FHZ1300 USB controller.

Hope this helps.

Martyn
    Just had a look on the Conrad international site and the FHT80B costs abit more. I guess it all depends on the xchange rate.
    http://www.conrad-int.com
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    www.casatech.eu Renovation Spain Blog

Has anybody fitted a "Boiler Connect" (FHT 8W) unit from the HI range?

I'd be interested in any opinions on this as I am planning to get one.

If it switches the boiler on / off according to demand from the thermostats, how does that effect hot water? In the non-winter months I have the boiler coming on for "hot water only" for an hour or so every day, would this still work?

Thanks,

Martyn

Automated Home Lurker

Hi Martyn.
    Yes I installed the boiler Connect. Couldn't really see the benefit of the HouseHeat modules without also using this. not sure what sort of heating/hot water system you have. Mine is an indirect heated hot water cylinder, with two flow valves that direct water from the boiler to either the hot water cylinder, radiators or both. I connected the FHT 8w in parallel to the original wall thermostat connections in the cupboard. Hence the FHT 8W triggers the boiler when heating is required; and has not interferred with the hot water side of the system. Hope that makes sense and helps?

Automated Home Lurker

In case anyone else is using Homeseer with these devices, I have now implemented the boiler connect functionality in HomeSeer. My boiler is switched by Homeseer anyway for both hot water and heating. I have connected the homeseer controlled output relays in parallel with the existing wall timer.

Homeseer knows the actuator open percentage level from each FHT8B. I therefore check each percentage with a condition trigger and when any actuator is > 30% it switches the boiler on, with a delayed device switch off scheduled for 10 mins later.

The conditions are re-evaluated every 5 minutes, and the 10 min countdown renewed each time, as long as any one actuator is >30%.

what interface are you using to get the values into Homeseer.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    www.casatech.eu Renovation Spain Blog

Quote Originally Posted by jtuggey View Post
    Hi Martyn.
    Yes I installed the boiler Connect. Couldn't really see the benefit of the HouseHeat modules without also using this. not sure what sort of heating/hot water system you have. Mine is an indirect heated hot water cylinder, with two flow valves that direct water from the boiler to either the hot water cylinder, radiators or both. I connected the FHT 8w in parallel to the original wall thermostat connections in the cupboard. Hence the FHT 8W triggers the boiler when heating is required; and has not interferred with the hot water side of the system. Hope that makes sense and helps?
    Cool, that's what I was going to do (although my system doesn't have a room thermostat currently).

Cheers,

Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by toscal View Post
    what interface are you using to get the values into Homeseer.
    I wrote a xAP connector for "FHEM" which is a control / web interface for the FHZ1300 USB PC device.

The xAP connecter outputs states of all the available variables that the FHTs support as BSC endpoints.

Al made some changes to that code to finish it off (adding bsc.cmd) and to change the addressing slightly to suit Homeseer.

Let us know if you want either version?

Cheers,

Martyn

Automated Home Jr Member

Default Househeat no longer trading on web

Looks like the web portal has shut up shop!