Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: HouseHeat system

The original danish site is still up and running http://www.housetech.dk
    They uk company may have decided to supply to resellers etc.
    These people sell some of the equipment http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/s...g_Control.html
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    www.casatech.eu Renovation Spain Blog

Automated Home Sr Member martynwendon's Avatar

I got most of my recent kit from http://www.conrad-uk.com

Martyn

Automated Home Jr Member

- following info in this thread from you guys (many thanks) I've had the courage to try out a starter system (2 rooms). This has gone well so I've just received the kit to install a 16 room x 2 boiler interlock system (all from Conrad).

I've got the FHZ and FHEM up an running on my windows server. So the next step is to integrate with a wider control scheme. Martyn - would you be willing to let me have copy of your xAP interface? I run xPL at the moment and will try to integrate or re-write (if I get sufficient time to learn Perl :-).

C

Hi,

The latest version of the xAP script is at http://www.aceshigh.net/xap/FHEM.zip

I'm afraid there's no documentation or comments in the code, but it's reasonably straightforward.

Should be fairly easy to convert to xPL if you want to!

I've had it running since earlier in the year and it's been pretty stable, I use it to do things like crude weather compensation (raising / lowering room temperatures depending on outside temperature) and to drop the temperatures in each room down low if the house is empty for a period.

Cheers,

Martyn

Automated Home Jr Member

Many thanks Martyn - I'll let you know how I get on.

C

Automated Home Jr Member

Hello!

Just a few questions about FHT

1) The FHZ1300 USB controller (and the wireless one "1300 PC WLAN") can be used with fhem in linux?
    2) I will have my own thermostat in each room (A/A system) so I only need to control de radiator valve
    Can I use the FHT8V valves without using the FHT80B thermostat and control them with the FHZ1300?

Thank you!!

Hi,

1) I would think so, assuming you can get a driver for the device

2) No, as far as I know the communication is between the controller and the thermostats, which then communicate with the radiator valves.

Martyn

Automated Home Jr Member

Default HouseTech UK - Web Site

Was about to place on order for a HouseHeat Starter pack from Housetech UK and the web site reports "Housetech are no longer selling on the Web" !

What is delivery from Conrad to the UK like ? Was hoping to have a 'play' over Xmas with these units.

Automated Home Jr Member

I found the conrad delivery quite fast considering it comes from Europe (Holland I think). On two separate packages it was delivered within 4 days of order. Not sure how the Xmas deliveries will affect it though.

I've ordered about half a dozen times from Conrad and the goods always arrive within 4 or 5 days.

They've got a pretty good returns policy too, I mistakenly ordered FHT8s once insted of FHT80s and simply sent them back for a full refund (return postage at my cost).

Funnily enough, when ordering from Housetech UK in the past, they've always taken longer - I actually suspected that they were a UK based re-seller and they ordered the goods from the likes of Conrad themselves, before repackaging them and sending them on in the UK!

Cheers,

Martyn