• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stubbs
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2004

Powermax/Powerlink?

I'm looking for a new alarm panel, one that will allow remote monitoring (by me, not a 3rd party company). I'm sure I've seen somewhere that the Viewsonic Powermax can send alerts to email addresses, SMS and, more interestingly, a URL ... but now I can't find that reference anywhere (I think it was on a 3rd party site, not the official site), is this true?

Failing that, what other alarm panels are on the market that provide this kind of functionality?
    -S
  • Stubbs
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2004

Of course my other option is just to replace the existing control panel, something like the Texecom Veritas 8 would do the job, but no HA options at all with that.
    -S

Comment

• toscal
      • Oct 2005

I would go for the new Powermax Pro, as the powerlink is an optional internal module.
      Have a look on the Visonic site for the Pro and here if you want to buy one http://www.diy-alarms.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=180
      IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
      Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Stubbs
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Jan 2004

The Visonic website says the Powerlink is coming in 2009 for the Powermax Pro?
        -S

Comment

• toscal
          • Oct 2005

No its available now but it isn't cheap. My Spanish supplier has them for about 300 euros +IVA. Only problem is the web pages are in Spanish.
          Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Mr_Orange
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Mar 2008

It might not be in the UK. I enquired about the Powerlink for the PowerMax+ and got told it hadn't been released in the UK and there was no date for release. Prior to that, a retailer told me the built-in web server could be easily hacked. I imagine the latter has been fixed, but why it is still not available in the UK, I have no idea!!

Comment

• toscal
              • Oct 2005

I Knew there had been issues with the Powerlink for the Plus. But that was over 18 months ago. You may want to have a look in the states or Canada as the unit uses a serial cable to the panel so there are no issues with frequencies . And the Powerlink module for the Plus will work with the Pro but will obviously be an external module. You may need the RS232 module as I'm not sure if the one that comes with the Powerlink external module is compatible, it looks similar.
              Some links for you
              This store is in Canada and has a link on this page for the powerlink manual

In the states
              Brinks Home is a leader in the smart home security industry, committed to providing powerful and reliable home security with a fast alarm response. Learn more!

Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• LOCKEDUP
                Automated Home Lurker
                • Nov 2008

Power link Uk is avalable right now!

From Broadband Security Centre Tel:0808 1000101

Open up the world of connectivity to your Power Max + and Powermax Pro security system by adding the powerlink broadband interface.

Using a standard internet explorer browser allows a secure connection from almost anywhere in the world allowing you to:-

Remote Arm / Disarm
                Check system status
                View cameras
                Control X10 devices
                Manage your alarm notifications.

Be alerted to alarm activations when ever, wherever you are via your mobile phone or email. This includes real time video images of the moments before and after the alarm was triggered to help you decide best how to deal with the event.

Combine all of thes features together, the unique monitoring service for the unltimate security & safety system

Comment

• Stubbs
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Jan 2004

It's not exactly easy to find info on this little puppy is it!! One place says they're available, another says they're not.
                  -S

Comment

• LOCKEDUP
                    Automated Home Lurker
                    • Nov 2008

It is on line now,

Has just gone on line in last couple of weeks.
                    Its no good having equipment if you cant do anything with it!
                    Now system is up it is on line.

Comment

• toscal
                      • Oct 2005

Do you have a link for Broadband Security Centre.
                      Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Mr_Orange
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by toscal View Post
                        Do you have a link for Broadband Security Centre.
                        x2, please. I tried googling and got nothing.

Comment

• LOCKEDUP
                          Automated Home Lurker
                          • Nov 2008

Broadband Security Centre

The Web site is not up and running yet, it will be up an running Feb09, the server is there and the product is avalable, if you email martin@bbscentre.com and he can email you more information.

Comment

• Stubbs
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by LOCKEDUP View Post
                            The Web site is not up and running yet, it will be up an running Feb09, the server is there and the product is avalable, if you email martin@bbscentre.com and he can email you more information.
                            How much did the Powerlink cost you, if you don't mind me asking ...
                            -S

Comment

Working...
                            X