• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stubbs
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2004

Replacing an existing panel.

Ok, given the hassle I'm having just GETTING INFO about the Powermax (from the suppliers, not you guys) I'm seriously considering just replacing the existing panel with a new, cheap one (Something like the Veritas8)

What problems do you think I'll have trying to connect the old PIRs & contacts to the new panel?

The existing one is ancient, mid-80's I'd say. How much has PIR tech advanced in that time, and will the units even be compatable any more?
    -S
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

As long as the new panel has the terminal inputs and the correct supply voltage for the PIRs, normally 12V, then it should be a straight forward. What condition is the wiring coming in from the PIRs to the panel.
    New PIRs are probably better than the older ones and less prone to false alarms, also the pet friendly ones now are much better, and use several methods to detect pets. Door sensors will still be the same after all they are only a reed switch and magnet.
    Visonic aren't the friendliest of companies to deal with and guard some of their information like countries guard firing codes for nukes.
    Good luck and let us know what you decide.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
    X