X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gumby
    • May 2004

Sure is quiet around here...

Y'all busy automating your Christmas trees?
    Last edited by Gumby; 7 January 2009, 10:08 AM.
    ----------------------
    www.gumbrell.com
  • ajaxuk
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Oct 2008

I'm awaiting my first Idratek order

Comment

• Paul_B
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jul 2006

I'm being distracted at the moment with GBPVR and Popcorn Hour setup. That as well as lots going on at work and various members of the household getting sick!

I haven't seen any updates on your blog for a while are you still not allowed to post from SWMBO?

Comment

• jpdw
        Automated Home Guru
        • Oct 2007

I'm being distracted by honing my HVAC settings for minimum heating without SWMBO noticing :-)

I did have to sort out a dead heating system on Monday night (... it would happen when I'm 120 miles away all week). For some reason I didn't have it set to autostart (now fixed) so mrs jpdw rang wanting to know why the house was cold. oops. [ so far, I dont know what happened - just that cortex was running but network stopped when I logged in ]

I seem to remember Karam mentioning a pending new Cortex version so that would likely get the traffic increasing a bit....!
        Jon

Comment

• Andrew Millne
          Automated Home Ninja
          • Nov 2007

Yeah I'm just waiting on some bits and pieces too. Dispatch this week I'm told

Been busy with work trying to shrink the growing pile on my desk so I'll have more time to chase walls and run cables.
          Visit my blog and Follow me on Twitter...

Comment

• Gumby
            • May 2004

Well, I've been tuning the heating profiles a bit as well - but I can't blog that because SWMBO reads my blog to find out what I've been up to!

I'm also looking forward to a few new bits and next version of Cortex. I have finished the house now, bar a new Node-0 cupboard, but it now seems that if I blog I also have to do the housework.
            ----------------------
            www.gumbrell.com

Comment

• hargraverch
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Gumby View Post

Y'all busy automating your Christmas trees?
              Hi Gumby

Got meself a Eee Box for xmas due to the low power consuption and it has no serial port so can't use it so am awaiting for serial conversion : (
              Last edited by Gumby; 7 January 2009, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
                Automated Home Legend
                • Dec 2007

>Eee Box ... serial conversion ...

would be very interested to know how you do this & how well it works ... if it works well, maybe others will follow !!
                Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• jpdw
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Oct 2007

Originally posted by Gumby View Post
                  Well, I've been tuning the heating profiles a bit as well - but I can't blog that because SWMBO reads my blog to find out what I've been up to!

I'm also looking forward to a few new bits and next version of Cortex. I have finished the house now, bar a new Node-0 cupboard, but it now seems that if I blog I also have to do the housework.
                  I'm still tweaking the HVAC profiles....
                  The OH is complaining our loft room isn't warm (it is - <lots> outside at the mo). She's blaming the high tech system for not turning on... but I think the problem is more the puny little single radiator trying to heat a 5m x 4m loft space.

Something I've not been doing that I should do...
                  Drop Karam a line - I've got a quad button input with buttons as inputs to HVAC overrides & the LEDs driven (supposedly) from the linked zone valve output. 'Trouble is the LEDs sometimes follow, sometimes dont. So the OH thinks the system isn't demanding heat when actually it is (doh.. she could touch the radiator to find out reality!). I think the QBIs got some kinda wierd thing going on.
                  Jon

Comment

• hargraverch
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Jan 2008

Hi Chris
                    Well the guys at Idratek are in the process of designing a usb to serial and maybe a ethernet to serial adapter, i think i may have to keep asking when it will be available. As going automated is to try and save money, so the obvious is to find a low powered pc.

ron

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Dec 2007

aha ... I knew they'd had a look at doing a converter, but last I heard there were real timing issues with the buffer etc ... if they're having another go, that's good news ! Hopefully the next step will be to move away from Windows ... the recent extension of 'XP, in the face of the bad reception Vista has had, might help with that !
                      Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

Working...
                      X