Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Homeseer scripts & asp's

Default Re: Homeseer scripts & asp's

Dave,

Noted - I have some other projects on the go at the moment including a new UK Traffic script. When I get some time, I will take a look.

I think you like all the data in the ini files so that you can read them in another language if my memory serves me correctly?

v8dave

Thanks John,

You have a good memory there. Yes, I used your weather script and I read the ini file and display the information on my kitchen touch screen PC. Still works a treat. Well it did until last week when the hard drive crashed. Just waiting for a cable to rebuild it with a new drive. I miss having it handy to view the current and forecasted weather.

Your script is also great in the morning as I run the speaking one before I leave for work. Well cool.

Dave...

Quote Originally Posted by jon00
    Noted - I have some other projects on the go at the moment including a new UK Traffic script. When I get some time, I will take a look.

I think you like all the data in the ini files so that you can read them in another language if my memory serves me correctly?

Dave,

Nearly completed your script. Please send me an email and I will send a beta copy to you.

Quote Originally Posted by v8dave
    Hi Jon,

What would be nice is a National Lottery checker that reads out the results of your entered ticket details from an INI file.

Would have a go myself but too many other projects on the go and not had time to learn the ins and outs of the Homeseer scripting.

Regards
    Dave...
    PS.. You BBC weather script is excellent.

Automated Home Lurker

Default DynDNS

Hi Jon,

Impressive page! I was pleasantly surprised when I took a wander through this afternoon.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to link DynDNS and/or No-IP to a Homeseer script.

Unfortunately, I have a Netgear router and I'm sure you know what they're like. It drops connection fairly frequently so I have it on X10 so I can reboot it from a remote or the PC. What I'd love to have is a facility whereby when DynDNS goes offline, it reboots the router for me. Don't suppose you could look in to it some time?
    Only a biker truly understands why a dog sticks its head out of a car window!

Quote Originally Posted by FourQ View Post
    Hi Jon,

Impressive page! I was pleasantly surprised when I took a wander through this afternoon.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to link DynDNS and/or No-IP to a Homeseer script.

Unfortunately, I have a Netgear router and I'm sure you know what they're like. It drops connection fairly frequently so I have it on X10 so I can reboot it from a remote or the PC. What I'd love to have is a facility whereby when DynDNS goes offline, it reboots the router for me. Don't suppose you could look in to it some time?
    With Homeseer scripting it's easy to ping sites (such as Yahoo, BBC etc). You can then use this to trigger fire an X10 command to reboot the router should this fail i.e. the router has failed. I already has a script which just need a slight alteration to do this.
    If you are also looking for a script to check for a change in IP address then my IPUpdate script (available for download) may be suitable.

Send me an email with your Homeseer version and I'll take a look over the weekend for you.

Automated Home Lurker

Thanks a million mate.

I've installed and ran the script. I just need to wait a little while for Netgear to kill itself and we'll be able to watch the router reset.
    Only a biker truly understands why a dog sticks its head out of a car window!