• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jon00
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FourQ View Post
    Hi Jon,

Impressive page! I was pleasantly surprised when I took a wander through this afternoon.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to link DynDNS and/or No-IP to a Homeseer script.

Unfortunately, I have a Netgear router and I'm sure you know what they're like. It drops connection fairly frequently so I have it on X10 so I can reboot it from a remote or the PC. What I'd love to have is a facility whereby when DynDNS goes offline, it reboots the router for me. Don't suppose you could look in to it some time?
    With Homeseer scripting it's easy to ping sites (such as Yahoo, BBC etc). You can then use this to trigger fire an X10 command to reboot the router should this fail i.e. the router has failed. I already has a script which just need a slight alteration to do this.
    If you are also looking for a script to check for a change in IP address then my IPUpdate script (available for download) may be suitable.

Send me an email with your Homeseer version and I'll take a look over the weekend for you.
    Jon

www.jon00.me.uk

Comment

• FourQ
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Mar 2007

Thanks a million mate.

I've installed and ran the script. I just need to wait a little while for Netgear to kill itself and we'll be able to watch the router reset.
      Only a biker truly understands why a dog sticks its head out of a car window!

Comment

Working...
      X