• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stubbs
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2004

Wii component cable problems

I've just fitted a component cable to my Wii & tried to feed it through one of the 2 component in sets of sockets on the back of my amp, but I completely fail to get a picture out of it.

The amp has monitor out for both svideo & component and I use the svideo monitor for everything else apart from the Wii, which uses the comp. monitor out.

I get sound, but no image, but if I connect the Wii direct to the TV I go get a picture, but it's too tall for the TV and I lose the top and bottom of the screen.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? It's really annoying.
    -S
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

What do you mean by component video do you mean a single socket for the video or three sockets marked either as RGB or YPbPr (they are not the same though).
    What make and model is the amp,as this would help a lot as someone may have a similar setup.
    Have you tried the second socket on the amp, with another source. Try it with one you know that works on the first socket. That way you will know if its an input problem or a problem with the amp. On some amps you can configure the video outputs and sometimes the inputs say to PAL, SECAM or NTSC. If you get wavey lines or static it may be set to NTSC. Also check to see if there is a setting or switch to change from RGB or YPbPr.
    Try the svideo out for the Wii and see if that helps.

Can't really be of much more help without knowing the make and model number of the amp
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• Stubbs
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Jan 2004

It's YPbPr both into the amp, and on the back of the telly.

The amp is a Yamaha RX-V530RDS, and I've only tried the Wii as it's the only component source I have.

I'll have to check the manual to see if I can configure the inputs & outputs in any way, but I'm not sure I can.
      -S

Comment

• toscal
        • Oct 2005

If no one else can help I will be able to provide more help after Christmas as Santa is bringing us a Wii and I will be connecting this to the Component input on my telly.
        Reconnect to the telly as this works then, try changing the video format on the telly. As I think that the YPbPr doesn't provide for automatic switching from 16:9, 14:9 or 4:3. Also check the games as I do know some games aren't done in widescreen or HD format. There maybe a setting on the Wii for changing the video output or format.
        Also try looking on page 56 of the Yamaha manual under I/O assignment
        Oh one last thing on the telly is the output from the amp going to the component input.
        Good luck.
        Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

• toscal
          • Oct 2005

I guess you bought the separate cable for the component video. As the cable that comes with the Wii is composite video and stereo out.
          On my TV one of the inputs can either be composite video or component video. So this may be why it works on the TV and not through the Yamaha amp. What make of TV do you have.
          Also on the HD cable make sure that the Red, Blue and Green mark corresponds to Pr, Pb and Y. And that the Red and White mark correspond to Right and Left audio signal.
          Looking at a picture of the cable, on Amazon they seem to be grouped as white and red then green, blue and red.
          Also I think its only 480p that the Wii outputs though I'm not 100% on this one.
          Hope this is of some help to you.
          Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
          X